The Internal Medicine (IM) Key Account Manager (KAM) leads the strategic direction, development, and execution of account plans and partnerships with aligned Leading Health Systems (key accounts) and associated Integrated Account Teams (IATs) to accomplish mutually aligned goals in a compliant manner. Such goals, anchored on market expansion and brand evaluation opportunities, allows for and bolsters Pfizer’s ability to unlock full key account potential. The KAM must possess a deep understanding of the healthcare market environment, as well as, the business drivers, priorities, capabilities, organizational structure, ways of working, external influencers, and decision-making rights of aligned key accounts. The KAM will develop and manage executive-level (C, D-Suite and critical decision maker) customer relationships and align appropriate internal and external stakeholders/decision makers based on account plans and goals to ensure compliant, effective and successful results.
Account Alignment to include the following accounts: Bellin, Ascension WI, ThedaCare, ProHealth and Froedtert
The Pfizer KAM role has three key focus areas: Customer Engagement, Account Management and Business and People Leadership.
- Identify key customers including the internal/external decision making and influencing network impacting the key account and local health economy.
- Maintain effective relationships with key Customer C, D-Suite, administrative and decision- making roles within a key account.
- Develop effective relationships with key opinion leaders and stakeholders in local health economies.
- Understand and seek to influence key local, regional and national healthcare issues and best practices aligned to market and key accounts.
- Manage co-development and co-execution of project plans (holding Customer and Pfizer accountable for plan execution).
- Manage a set of prioritized accounts to achieve agreed upon business objectives.
- Seek out opportunities for synergy and collaboration to achieve both Pfizer and Customer goals through active and transparent customer/account Planning.
- Analyze and understand the local environment, key account business models, and aligned Pfizer priorities to create account plans that identify mutually beneficial opportunities.
- Leverage the value proposition for Pfizer to create mutually beneficial business opportunities that result in action.
- Identify, connect and communicate multiple insights from various stakeholders to develop a plan of action that is beneficial to Patients, Customers, and Pfizer.
Business & People Leadership
- Lead and support development of high functioning IATs (consistent with account team model)inclusive of collaborating with cross-functional specialists and other Pfizer stakeholders to ensure appropriate roles, responsibilities and resources are aligned and leveraged compliantly.
- Partner with IAT to facilitate colleague understanding of local market/customer drivers.
- Impact and influence the development of Key Account Management efforts locally, regionally or nationally by partnering with needed cross-functional teams to compliantly shape efforts and deliver results.
- Share and help scale proven practices across the region and nation.
- To be a local expert on healthcare reform, the evolving landscape and the organization of Accounts/Customers.
- Lead the development of strategic planning priorities for aligned key accounts.
- Demonstrate a broad base of market knowledge and dynamics of healthcare which influences account behavior. Recognizes when and how to involve colleagues from other functional areas(IAT) to effectively build and execute strategic plans that address an issue or solve a problem.
- Utilize organizational awareness skills and alignment of Pfizer's priorities to include appropriate Pfizer colleagues to optimize value provided to the Customer and to Pfizer.
- Lead pull through activities in alignment with Pfizer business leader direction.
- Communicate a short, mid and long-term view of Pfizer business with Key Accounts, delivering ongoing opportunities for Pfizer’s portfolio with alignment across all Pfizer Business Units when appropriate.
- Provide regional marketing and strategy teams customer specific insights that can be utilize in crafting strategic direction and new market specific materials.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 5-10 years of previous pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical/marketing/sales experience preferred with at least three years spent in a promoted position and/or developmental role with demonstrated leadership across peer and manager groups.
- Management and/or Account Management experience is strongly preferred
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- MBA or advanced degree in a related field preferred
- Business Acumen: Demonstrated knowledge of the healthcare market and disease states, ability to develop and manage relationships with Key Accounts (C, D-Suite, KOLs and decision makers), demonstrated account management & negotiation skills and understand how to prioritize resources and develop business plans.
- Financial Acumen
- Market and Business Strategy
- Account and Customer Management
- Functional Knowledge
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Valid US driver’s license and a driving record in compliance with company standards required
Ability to travel domestically and stay overnight as necessary
Ability to travel to all account locations affiliated with territory (i.e., Milwaukee to Green Bay)
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply: August 25, 2022
- Eligible for Relocation Package
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.