Why Patients Need You
Whether you are involved in the design and development of manufacturing processes for products or supporting maintenance and reliability, engineering is vital to making sure customers and patients have the medicines they need, when they need them. Working with our innovative engineering team, you'll help bring medicines to the world even faster by imagining what’s possible and taking action.
What You Will Achieve
The site MES (manufacturing execution system) Engineer requires an in-depth knowledge of the system; understanding the user requirements and manufacturing processes; designing and developing MES building blocks; designing functional testing documentation and execution of those plans; developing MES recipes for the production process; developing the training materials and delivery of training to End-Users.
How You Will Achieve It
- Collaborating with other site departments to maintain a high degree of system reusability and replication, ensuring consistency.
- Responsible for generating and maintaining Commercial, Clinical, and/or Development production recipes per Standard Operating Procedures, project timeline and Production Schedule.
- Work on interdisciplinary self-directed teams, to define and implement process improvements and participate in process troubleshooting.
- Provide some detailed engineering on change controls and limited functionality upgrades to existing systems.
- BS in computer engineering, mechanical, electrical engineering, bio-engineering or relevant discipline is required.
- 1 + years of experience with MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) or1 + years of experience with Pharmaceutical manufacturing process
- High School Diploma (or Equivalent) and 6 years of relevant experience OR an associate’s degree with 4 years of experience OR a bachelor’s degree with 0+ years of experience.
- Education: Technical or business related field (degreed candidates).
- Computer skills, ability to work across functional areas such as operations, maintenance, and validation are required to provide appropriate support.
- Good process knowledge about bio-manufacturing.
- Candidates should also be familiar with relational database such as SQL or Oracle.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- The position may require some off-shift support and/or remote support
Work Location Assignment:Flexible
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.