HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role, the Sr. Engineer will be joining Facilities & Engineering (F&E) group within Manufacturing and Clinical supply organization at Amgen. The groups mission is to enable introduction and integration of new technologies while ensuring existing clinical and commercial facilities and equipment operate reliably. This position will report into Manager of Engineering supporting drug product supply at Amgen Thousand Oaks site.Responsibilities include:
- Provide system ownership for Biopharmaceutical process equipment. Identify, support, and/or lead implementation of engineering-based improvements or upgrades to the equipment or facility systems. This may include development of case (business) for improvement and identification of design requirements and then translation of requirements into process equipment/system design, specification and supporting the construction, startup, and validation of equipment.
- Directing and coordinating equipment maintenance as necessary to ensure systems are in accurate working order.
- Ensure vital commissioning and qualification of systems are completed and interact with inspectors as necessary.
- Monitor systems to identify performance risks and implement risk reduction strategies.
- Providing solving support to reduce production downtime. This will involve leading and/or supporting technical root cause analysis and implementation of corrective/preventive action.
- Support new product/technology introductions by performing engineering assessments, implementing equipment modifications, and supporting engineering runs.
- Ensure systems are installed and operating safety and follow pertinent environmental health/safety practice, rules and regulations.
- Up to 10% domestic/international travel
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is an individual with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree Or Doctorate's degree by time of hire OR
- Masters degree and 3 years of Engineering experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of Engineering experience OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of Engineering experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Engineering experience
- Masters degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- 6+ years' of relevant work experience with 3+ years of demonstrated ability in Biopharmaceutical operations/manufacturing environment
- Experience working in a regulated environment (e.g. cGMP, OSHA, EPA, etc.) and familiarity with GMP quality systems/processes such as change control, non-conformances, corrective and preventative actions, and qualifications/validation
- Direct knowledge of design and trouble shooting with GMP Biopharmaceutical Production facility equipment/systems such as; inspection and device assembly equipment, Clean Rooms/HVAC systems, Cold and Freezer Room Refrigeration systems.
- Ability to analyze problems, develop and propose engineering solutions in a scientific manner using data-driven techniques and analyses (e.g., Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Statistical Process Control (SPC), Six Sigma, Predictive Maintenance, etc.)
- Experience applying engineering principles to the design and implementation of system modifications, introduction of new processes, and execution of capital projects
- Understanding of the implementation process of capital projects in a GMP Biopharmaceutical Production facility including procurement, construction, startup, and validation
- Understanding of safety requirements working in a GMP Biopharmaceutical Production facility.
- Independent, self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task in project environments, and skilled in communication, facilitation, and collaboration
- Teammate prepared to work in and embrace a team based culture that relies on collaboration for effective decision-making
- Strong leadership, technical writing, and communication/presentation skills
- Work schedule flexibility as required to support 24/7 operations, requiring occasional after-hours engineering coverage
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.