AceInfo, a Guidehouse Company is seeking to hire AWS Cloud Engineer- Mid level to support our federal project in Bowie, MD. This position can be remote for the right candidate!!
This highly seasoned individual possesses experience working in enterprise production AWS cloud environment. As a member of the Cloud Solutions Team, you will be responsible for designing and deploying Iaas, PaaS, and SaaS services in a multi account enterprise AWS environment. You will work closely with business, product, technology partners, to gather requirements and work with other cloud engineers to design and implement a future state architecture. The AWS engineer will design and implement a security focused architecture to ensure compliance with Census and NIST security guidlelines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with developers, project managers and team leads to define and document requirements for building new cloud based applications.
- Highly skilled using Terraform to deploy AWS resources.
- Deploying and configuring in an production environment AWS resources including IaaS: EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, ELB, IAM, Security Groups, certificates, autoscaling groups, and PaaS services: EKS, ECR, Lambda, CloudWatch, ECS, ECR, Fargate, Glue, as well as AWS SaaS services.
- Identify & define technical requirements to build new AWS based application.
- Evaluate on-prem applications and make recommendations to migrate to the cloud leveraging cloud native services.
- Must have experience in a client-facing environment and interacting with technical and business stakeholders.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience delivering solutions running in an enterprise cloud infrastructure.
- Experience deploying and configuring container frameworks including EKS and ECS with Fargate. Experience working with microservices or data processing workloads with tools such as Docker or Kubernetes.
- Experience creating highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability, and high availability.
- Strong hand-on experience with writing Terraform code to deploy AWS resources including the creation and use of Terraform modules.
- Experience using Jenkins, GITHub, CodeBuild, Code Commit.
- The CSAP must be a certified AWS Solution Architect-Professional and have a Master skillset deploying and configuring AWS services using code.
- The CSAP must have six or more years of hands-on experience designing & deploying cloud architecture on AWS in an enterprise environment.
- The CSAP must have familiarity with AWS Command Line Interface (CLI), Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), CloudFormation (CF) & Terraform templates, Windows & Linux environments, and the AWS Billing & Management Consoles.
- Experience using Ansible for automation is a plus.
- Scripting Skills using Python and Bash.
Soft Skills and Abilities:
- Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work, both their own and that of project team. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that tasks are completed to the correct standard. High attention to detail.
- Team Work: Comfortable working both individually and as part of a team. Prepared to challenge ideas within a group in a constructive way. Ability to influence others and move a proposed effort toward a common vision or goal.
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context. Excellent active listening skills. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, elected officials, executive leadership, senior management, users, vendors and subcontractor personnel.
- Problem Solving: Natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics. Ability to analyze problems and determine root cause, generating alternatives, evaluating and selecting alternatives and implementing solutions.
- Results oriented: Able to drive tasks forward and toward completion.
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience with a Bachelors in Computer Science or related field.
- In lieu of degree, a combination of education and 15 years of demonstrated hands-on professional experience.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced work environment.
Shift Work and Travel:
- Core hours: 8:00 AM ET – 5:00 PM ET, M-F.
- Work location: Bowie, MD (2023-forward).
- Open to Remote Work outside of DMV for the right candidate.
- This position requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a public trust clearance.
This position is open to candidates virtually from Montana, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Arizona or Eastern, Pacific, and Central time zones
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.