AceInfo, a Guidehouse Company is currently seeking a highly-experienced and self-motivated Linux System Administrator. This position will support our federal project on the Weather and Climate Infrastructure Services (WCCIS) contract, in College Park, MD with some travel to Suitland, MD.
The Linux System Administrator will be supporting mission-critical systems hosted on physical and virtual servers in an active clustering environment. If you are a Red Hat aficionado, have scripting and automation skills and have some specialized experience (NetApp, Ansible, Puppet, Cloud, etc.) to support the daily NOAA Weather Mission of delivering the weather information to the United States and its territories/interests, this is the position for you!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Expert knowledge of a variety of Linux/Unix operating systems and specific experience with RHEL7
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, especially in an operational environment
- Knowledge of scripting languages including Perl, Python, shell scripting, and related tools
- Willing to perform rotational on-call support and/or non-standard working hours in a 24x7/365 operational environment
- Experience with scripting tools (e.g. Perl, Python, etc.) and automation tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet)
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Big Brother, Check_MK Nagios and others
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools in a data center environment
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A BS degree in engineering, computer science, related field or equivalent demonstrated experience
- General Red Hat Linux system administration, security patching, OS upgrades, troubleshooting problems, and ensuring maximum availability.
- Write system scripts for daily administration and have the ability to document system infrastructure.
- Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software and hardware related problems.
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Maintains system and application data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Monitors system health and configurations in order to ensure system health and functionality as well as remediate problems/issues in a timely manner.
- Six(6) or more years of relevant experience
- U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is required for the position.
- Candidates must successfully pass a Federal Background Investigation.
- Operational experience in a 24x7x365 environment
- Willing and able to work non-standard hours (evenings, nights)
- NetApp or VMWare expertise
- Perl and/or Python scripting expertise
- Ansible and/or Puppet expertise
- PostgreSQL and/or MySQL experience
- Akamai and/or Big Brother experience
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.