The Senior Research Associate will contribute to internal efforts to drive innovation and product development. The Senior Research Associate will work with the Scientists, in the design of experiments to achieve project objectives, execute development studies, conduct data analysis, document results, and meet milestones to support our CRISPR and Synthetic Biology-based platforms for molecular diagnostics.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Express, purify and characterize proteins, and other assay reagents
- Assist in the development, scale up and production or technology transfer of reagents
- Assist in the development, optimization, and validation of new assays for target detection
- Conduct laboratory experiments and studies according to approved protocols, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Work Instruction Documents (WIDs).
- Communicate regularly with supervisor to relay project progress, experiment results, and data analysis; openly and thoughtfully discuss challenges.
- Adhere to and follow processes and procedures such as documenting, recording, and completing work in electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and inventory
- Present to internal teams in a concise, cohesive manner
- Assist in authoring SOPs, WIDs for developed processes
- May assist in technology transfer to external vendors
- Contribute to experimental design, data analysis, critical thinking, and problem-solving to improve methods and procedures
- Independently troubleshoot and make suggestions for process improvements
- Communicate with Impact
- Decision Making & Problem Solving
- Taking Initiative and Follow-up
- Planning and Organizing
- Building Effective Partnerships
- Technical Skills/Professional Knowledge
- This position will work in the office and the lab. Work with BSL-2 level pathogens may be required. Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment must be worn in the lab.
- Long periods of sitting or standing.
- Must be capable of working in a lab environment for at least 40 hours/week.
- Must wear a mask when required.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS/MS in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Bioengineering, or related field with 2 years of related experience. Experience in assay development and/or process development in industrial setting preferred
- Knowledge and laboratory experience with common molecular biology, and bioprocessing techniques (both upstream and downstream)
- Background in cell culture and purification of various types of proteins preferred
- Team player committed to learning new technologies
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Capable of adjusting to a dynamic, fluid work environment and changing priorities while ensuring timely completion of assigned tasks
- Data analysis and experimental design with input from supervisor
Work Authorization/Security-Clearance Requirements:
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are not merely trendy buzz words to us; they are part of our core values. We are committed to creating a community of well-rounded professionals from all ethnicities, nationalities, educational backgrounds, and genders. This “melting pot” of differences is what fosters ideas and innovations. Our beliefs span beyond our walls and into the world, as reflected in outreach to various underserved domestic and global communities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Sherlock requires employees to be fully vaccinated pursuant to Company policy (policy allows for potential exemptions for medical or religious reasons, consult with Human Resources for more information).