766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
JOB PURPOSE & IMPACT
Performs routine testing and/or assist with assay development activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Works in a GMP/GCP/GLP/CLIA regulated environment and is responsible for following all applicable regulations
• Run day-to-day testing of samples and/or experiments per work instructions, SOPs and or experimental design.
• May contribute to the writing of work instructions, SOPs, and/or experimental designs
• May perform basic data analysis.
• Participate in the training of new associates regarding technical and operational procedures.
• Basic troubleshooting for procedures and assays. May make recommendations for solutions.
• Perform lab QC and maintenance as needed.
• Record dates of receipt, use, and expiration for all reagents, kits, controls, and standards used for assigned assays.
• Perform new assay validations as needed.
• Attend research meetings; present data for assigned projects.
• Perform other duties as directed by leadership.
• Ensuring that Quality Events such as incidents and deviations are proper documented, and for supporting/owning the immediate remediation and preventative actions
• Ensuring change requests are properly initiated, completed, and approved prior to the use of the assay, system, instrument, software, etc. being changed
• Maintaining up-to-date training records and ensuring training is complete prior to performing specific job functions
• Following approved and effective procedures to perform specific job functions, and ensuring procedures accurately reflect activities being performed
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Minimum requirements What you'll bring to the role:
• MS with no experience
• BS/BA preferably with scientific emphasis, minimum of 2 years of experience required
• Assoc degree with minimum of 4 years’ experience may be considered.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. Our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Vaccine Policy: While Novartis does not require vaccination at this time, for certain Novartis sites in the US all associates and candidates may be required to either upload an image of their COVID-19 vaccine card demonstrating proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (or other similar evidence of vaccination) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken by the associate or candidate within the past seven days to enter any of our sites and/or customer office or healthcare facility, as well as prior to participating in other work related off-site meetings. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to [email protected]
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Business Unit NAVIGATE BIOPHARMA SERVICES
Site Carlsbad, CA
Company/Legal Entity Navigate BioPharma Svcs., Inc.
Functional Area Research & Development
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
Shift Work No