Why Patients Need You
Pfizer’s purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer’s purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.
What You Will Achieve
This position will be part of Pharmaceutical Research and Development. The incumbent will participate in the development of parenteral formulation for biologics modalities such as monoclonal antibodies, antibody drug conjugates, proteins, vaccines, and viral vectors for genomic therapeutics. This position will be responsible for performing analytical characterization of candidate molecules by using various biophysical and biochemical characterization techniques. Furthermore, this position will assist in developing processes for drug product manufacturing, responsible for data compilation, data presentations and report writing.
Your strong foundation in general scientific practice, its principles and concepts will help in meeting critical deadlines. You will be relied on as a technical contributor to assess the assigned tasks and make decisions that involve direct application of your knowledge.
It is your dedication that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
How You Will Achieve It
The responsibilities of Senior Associate Scientist position include but are not limited to:
- Participate in developing parenteral formulations for biotherapeutic modalities such as monoclonal antibodies, antibody drug conjugates, proteins, vaccines, and viral vectors for genomic therapeutics. This position will be responsible to assist in developing manufacturing processes (under general supervision).
- Perform rapid, comprehensive characterization of candidate molecules to determine the stability profile and applying this information to develop an appropriate dosage form to meet clinical needs. This will be achieved by applying various biophysical and biochemical techniques such as HPLC (SE-HPLC, IEX, RP-HPLC), SDS-PAGE, Capillary Gel electrophoresis (CGE), imaged Capillary Electrophoresis (iCE), Spectroscopy techniques such as UV and Fluorescence spectroscopy, Circular Dichroism and FTIR.
- The incumbent will assist in the development and scale-up of drug product processes from bench top to pilot scale and, as required, technology transfer to commercial plants. Examples of drug product processes are fluid transport, sterilizing filtration and lyophilization.
- The Senior Associate Scientist must be able to interact effectively with a multi-disciplinary team of scientists for formulation optimization and overall candidate progression.
- This position will be responsible for preparing data summary presentation, compiling data and authoring technical reports.
- Effective communication skills are desirable for interactions with laboratory scientists, project managers and colleagues from numerous functions, serving on multi-disciplinary project teams.
- B.S. in Pharmaceutics, Chemistry, Chemical/Biochemical Engineering,Pharmacy, Biochemistry,Bioengineering,Biotechnology,Biology, Biomedical engineering or related scientific field
- 2-4 years of experience in Laboratory in a variety of analytical laboratory techniques is required.
- Ability to follow established procedures independently is required.
- Experience with biotherapeutics analytical methods such as HPLC (SE-HPLC, IEX, RP-HPLC), SDS-PAGE, Capillary Gel electrophoresis (CGE), imaged Capillary Electrophoresis (iCE), spectroscopy techniques
- Demonstrated scientific documentation skills
- M.S. inPharmaceutics, Chemistry, Chemical/BiochemicalEngineering,Pharmacy, Biochemistry,Bioengineering,Biotechnology,Biology, Biomedical Engineeringor related scientific field, and 0-2 years of experience preferred.
- Some knowledge or experience of drug development processes for progression of a biological candidate.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Self-motivated and highly effective in a team-based environment.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with GMP requirements.
- Working knowledge of HPLC (SE-HPLC, IEX, RP-HPLC), SDS-PAGE, Capillary Gel electrophoresis (CGE), imaged Capillary Electrophoresis (iCE), spectroscopy techniques is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with parenteral manufacturing requirements, container/closure integrity, and clinical and commercial unit operations.
- Practical knowledge of lyophilization and lyophilization cycle development
Other Job Details
- Last Date to Apply: August 15, 2022
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: Yes
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development