The Payroll Manager leads payroll operations for payroll processing in the Tampa Shared Service Payroll Hub. US payroll is highly-visible, complex and multi-faceted, and includes daily transactions for Executive Level colleagues, organizational transformation/severance and input from multiple stakeholders. Develops procedures and supervises the preparation, documentation and disbursement of colleague payroll payments and payroll taxes. Prepares and consolidates reports for stakeholders, analyzes and addresses audit findings, reconciles and resolves complex payroll processing and colleague payroll issues. Ensures payroll reporting and payments are compliant with company policy, generally accepted accounting principles, and applicable government regulations. Works with vendors and Payroll Vendor Governance team to ensure SLA’s and quality metrics are met.
- Oversee the US payroll processing team member(s).
- Responsible for processing specialized transactions for Executives, separated colleagues, colleagues on severance and other special circumstances.
- May be responsible for regular execution or back-up of US payroll. This includes collection and validation of inputs and error resolution, communication of payroll kick off and approval processing milestones, validation and balancing payroll, and processing changes to correct errors or provide updates.
- Act as an escalation point of contact for payroll processing, when needed.
- Ensure the US payroll processing follows company policies, regional regulatory requirements, and the global payroll strategy.
- Review and certify payroll signoffs as required.
- Work with the payroll vendors to ensure pay disbursements, tax deposits, and tax filings are completed accurately and timely.
- Gather payroll processing feedback and provide information and insight to Payroll Vendor Management.
- Assess technology requirements and changes and ensure that systematic updates are completed by the vendor in a timely and complete manner.
- Ensure all regulatory requirements and updates for the cluster are performed and completed as required.
- Identify opportunities for and implement continuous improvement and transformational projects.
- Promote Pfizer purpose, values and goals with proactive team management, and ensure strong team engagement, as measured by Pulse surveys and PLI evaluations and goal achievement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Human Resources or related field required
- 5+ years experience in payroll, accounting or human resources, including management of a team
- In-depth knowledge and experience of payroll calculation and processing
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
- Master’s degree in business or related field preferred
- Experience with Workday, ADP, or other common HCM, payroll and time/attendance systems preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional, or similar professional designation preferred
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Data analysis and complex calculations
- May need to work non-standard hours depending on countries / payroll cycles assigned and payroll processing schedule
Relocation support available
Work Location Assignment:Flexible
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.