Join FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies in our new facility location - Thousand Oaks, California! The Senior Data Engineer, Process Monitoring will report directly to the Director, Manufacturing Science and Technology at the FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies. The job holder will be responsible for monitoring performance and quality control plans to identify improvements. They will interpret data, analyst results using statistical techniques, and present and provide routine reports.
The work we do at FDB has never been more important—and we are looking for talented candidates to join us. We are growing our locations, our capabilities, and our teams, and looking for passionate, mission-driven people like you who want to make a real difference in people's lives. Join our new FDB facility in Thousand Oaks, CA and help manufacture the next cell therapy in partnership with some of the most innovative biopharma companies across the globe. We are proud to cultivate a culture that will fuel your passion, energy and drive - what we call Genki.
The Senior Data Engineer, Process Monitoring, is a critical position needed to design, develop, build, and execute the process monitoring program across the Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies, California (FDBC) cell therapy manufacturing programs and processes for the purpose of continuous process validation as well as process improvements.
Reports to: Director, Manufacturing Science and Technology
Location: Thousand Oaks (northwest Los Angeles), CA
Travel: Travel required (up to10%)
- Evaluate, develop, build, and implement a Process Monitoring program at FDBC.
- Process Monitoring Business Process Owner (BPO).
- Monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques, and present and provide routine reports.
- Develop and implement databases, date collection systems, data analytics, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Acquire data from primary and secondary data sources, and identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and clean data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs, and to locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Develop analysis and reporting capabilities.
- Subject to extended periods of sitting and/or standing, vision to monitor and moderate noise levels.
- Work is generally performed in an office, manufacturing plant, or clinical environment. Car and airplane (see above) travel is an essential part of the job.
- BS degree preferably in Physical Science, Life Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics, or other relevant field with 7 or more years of relevant experience in pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, or high tech.
- MS degree preferably in Physical Science, Life Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics, or other relevant field with 4 or more years of relevant experience in pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, or high tech.
- 2+ years of experience in similar position or related occupation.
- Proven ability to work with high performing teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, influence, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures, and disciplines.
- Demonstrated in-depth skills in data analysis and interpretation.
- Strong communication skills (e.g., clear, and concise), team player, and proven negotiation skills.
- Good decision-making with strong judgment through collaboration and consideration of others point-of-view.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and creative leader, able to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced & demanding environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills as both a team leader and a team player.
- Role model for company core values of trust, delighting our customers, Gemba, and Genki.