Inozyme Pharma is seeking a Corporate Controller, to join our growing Finance team. This position will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
Inozyme Pharma, Inc. (Nasdaq: INZY) is a clinical-stage rare disease biopharmaceutical company developing novel therapeutics for the treatment of diseases of abnormal mineralization impacting the vasculature, soft tissue, and skeleton. Through our in-depth understanding of the biological pathways involved in mineralization, we are pursuing the development of therapeutics to address the underlying causes of these debilitating diseases. It is well established that two genes, ENPP1 and ABCC6,play key roles in a critical mineralization pathway and that defects in these genes lead to abnormal mineralization. We are initially focused on developing a novel therapy, INZ-701, to treat the rare genetic diseases of ENPP1 and ABCC6Deficiencies. INZ-701 is currently in Phase 1/2 clinical trials for the treatment of ENPP1 Deficiency and ABCC6 Deficiency.
The Corporate Controller will lead the accounting activities of the organization to support the needs and requirements of a publicly traded company. He/She will have overall responsibility for the accounting process, provision of GAAP financial statements, SEC reporting, tax matters and external auditor engagement. The Corporate Controller will partner with non-finance executives and managers to engage and gather information on Company activities to improve business processes, enable effective decision making and track corporate performance.
- Lead all financial and accounting activities including SEC reporting
- Certify quarterly and annual reports are consistent with GAAP
- Ensure SOX compliance
- Build a best-in-class accounting function; motivate and develop talent
- Partner closely with third parties to manage annual audits, third party valuations, filings, taxes, and other corporate accounting activities
- Lead preparation of financial updates ,analysis, and board content for leadership team, Board of Directors, and investors
- Oversee the month end close, including but not limited to preparing and reviewing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare technical accounting memorandums as needed as well as continue to improve on and strengthen the internal control environment
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement to identify, develop, and implement process changes and systems to increase efficiency, ensure accurate reporting, and build scalable accounting processes
- Partner with all cross functional leadership in Research, Tech Ops, Commercial and Clinical teams to forecast and account for discovery and development projects and major collaborations
- Develop KPIs to monitor and evaluate financial and operational initiatives; Synthesize and communicate information to key stakeholders and executive management
- Perform or participate in special projects or ad hoc assignments
- MBA/MS degree in Finance or Accounting
- 12+ years of relevant experience within Life Sciences or Biotechnology industries required.
- CPA certification; knowledge of accounting principles including (GAAP and GAAS) general and cost accounting, tax reporting and budgeting
- Financial reporting and accounting expertise in proxy preparation (Def 14A) with SEC (specifically ASC 718 experience)required.
- “Big Four” or national accounting firm audit experience preferred
- Experience leading and mentoring an accounting function, preferably in a public biotech company.
- Demonstrated management and interpersonal skills
- Systems implementation experience preferred
- Maintain high ethical and professional standards
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an active member of management
- Effective oral and written business communication skills
Analytical, statistical, personal organization, andproblem-solving skills; able to organize, prioritize, and execute a variableworkload and multiple priorities
To all recruitment agencies: Inozyme Pharma, Inc. does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job’s alias, Inozyme employees or any other organization location. Inozyme is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.