Tris Pharma, Inc. (www.trispharma.com) is a leading privately-owned biopharmaceutical company in the U.S. with a focus on development and commercialization of innovative medicines that address unmet patient needs. We have more than 150 US and International patents including applications and have marketed several branded and generic products in the U.S., have licensed our products in the US and international markets, and have a robust pipeline of innovative products spanning neuroscience and other therapeutic categories employing our proprietary science and technology.
Our science and technology make us unique, but it is our team members that set us apart; they are the engine that fuels Tris’ passion and innovation. Tris colleagues understand the criticality of operating a successful business and take pride in the company’s success. But of equal importance to each member of the team is how we interact with one another on a daily basis. We believe in each other and we believe in respectful, open and honest communications to help support individual and team success.
We have an immediate opening at our Monmouth Junction, NJ Headquarters for a Vice President, Medical Affairs.
The Vice President, Medical Affairs is the organization’s medical lead providing leadership, strategic direction and medical expertise for approved products and the pipeline of clinical development assets. The incumbent is responsible for the strategy, direction and execution of the company’s medical affairs plans, health economic and outcomes research and interactions with key medical opinion leaders.
• Provides medical expertise and leadership to the clinical and medical affairs teams
• Directs and oversees the analysis and interpretation of clinical trial data and the reporting of clinical trial results
• Leads interactions with academic thought leaders, investigators and other clinical stakeholders
• Represents the company and its programs to external audiences including, but not limited to: the investment, academic, medical and regulatory communities, as well as pharmaceutical industry collaborators/partners
• Establishes and fosters partnerships with the scientific and medical community and presents clinical development progress at scientific conferences and industry meetings; Builds and maintains working relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs), scientific advisory boards and lead clinical investigators and others; Establishes and fosters partnerships with appropriate members of the scientific and medical community
• Manages, mentors, coaches and develops direct and indirect reports to build competencies and assure proper succession planning is possible
• Fosters an environment of employee engagement by leading by example and embracing a continuous improvement culture
• Collaborates with senior management as required on corporate development initiatives including, but not limited to financing, product licensing, etc.
• Works closely with Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs) regarding scientific education, interactions with community health care professionals and state and commercial payer accounts
• Oversees the creation and review of abstracts, manuscripts for publications, scientific symposia presentations and other medical documents as required, as content expert
• Oversees the strategy for and execution of Tris Scientific Advisory Board meetings
• Assists with planning and conduct of medical advisory boards
Advanced scientific, medical or clinical degree (i.e., MD, PhD, PharmD, etc.) AND minimum 10 years of experience in medical affairs in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry in positions of increasing strategic, leadership and technical responsibility.
Special knowledge or skills needed and/or licenses or certificates required
• Ability to understand and effectively communicate scientific and medical information to both internal and external customers REQUIRED
• Ability to interpret scientific data and calculate potential commercial value and financial impact REQUIRED
• Excellent working knowledge and understanding of current pharmaceutical climate and applicable laws and regulations REQUIRED
• Demonstrated track record establishing and maintaining strong network and credibility with KOLs in the medical community REQUIRED
• Ability to influence without direct authority REQUIRED
• Prior experience in at least two of the following roles: publications, medical information, medical director, HEOR, MSLs REQUIRED
• Experience managing direct reports REQUIRED
· Travel up to 30% REQUIRED
• Experience supporting ADHD, Central Nervous System (CNS) and/or pediatric therapeutic area PLUS
Tris Pharma, Inc. offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. To build and enhance our diverse workforce, we encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, women, LGBTQ, etc. Tris Pharma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.