Tris Pharma, Inc. (www.trispharma.com) is a leading privately-owned biopharmaceutical company in the U.S. with a focus on development and commercialization of innovative medicines that address unmet patient needs. We have more than 150 US and International patents including applications and have marketed several branded and generic products in the U.S., have licensed our products in the US and international markets, and have a robust pipeline of innovative products spanning neuroscience and other therapeutic categories employing our proprietary science and technology.
Our science and technology make us unique, but it is our team members that set us apart; they are the engine that fuels Tris’ passion and innovation. Tris colleagues understand the criticality of operating a successful business and take pride in the company’s success. But of equal importance to each member of the team is how we interact with one another on a daily basis. We believe in each other and we believe in respectful, open and honest communications to help support individual and team success.
Tris Accounting team at our Monmouth Junction, NJ facility is expanding and has an opening for an Assistant Controller.
In this newly created role, the Assistant Controller - reporting directly to, and collaborating closely with, the Controller - is responsible for managing assigned accounting functions including, but not limited to: day-to-day transactional accounting, revenue accounting, financial audits, technical accounting, quarterly financial reporting requirements, etc. The incumbent plays a proactive role in establishing, directing and maintaining accurate and ethical accounting principles, practices, and procedures in order to establish and maintain sound financial controls. She/he also assists in setting strategic and operational direction for the accounting department, supervising staff in Controller’s absence and aligning department goals to help support business development and achieve company objectives.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure that both statutory, compliance and performance reporting requirements are met. Manage and support daily accounting activities including, but not limited to revenue recognition, cash flow management, capital project and product costing in accordance with US GAAP.
• Conduct technical accounting research applying technical accounting guidance to complex transactions. Develop technical accounting memos documenting the company’s position in a clear, concise, comprehensive manner. Provide guidance on new accounting pronouncements and lead implementation.
• Perform financial close procedures analyzing key account balances along with a review of journal entries and account reconciliations on both a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Maintain and improve internal controls.
• Collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure financial policies/processes and process improvements/optimization are understood and supported across company to ensure scalability of our operations to support future growth
• Supervise, coach and mentor small Accounting staff
• BS in Business or related discipline along with a CPA with a minimum of 8 years public accounting and industry experience in roles of increasing technical and strategic responsibility REQUIRED
• Experience with complex accounting transactions and technical GAAP research (e.g., revenue recognition, business combinations)
• Excellent, hands-on knowledge of GAAP rules and regulations REQUIRED
• Public Accounting firm experience REQUIRED
• Experience working directly with external auditors and valuation / tax consultants REQUIRED
· Proven leadership with an ability to influence without direct authority REQUIRED
• Team oriented with a high degree of integrity and ethical merit REQUIRED
• Experience with JDE PLUS
Tris Pharma, Inc. offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. To build and enhance our diverse workforce, we encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, women, LGBTQ, etc. Tris Pharma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PM22 #LI-DNI