766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
JOB PURPOSE & IMPACT
Manages technical and operational aspects of the flow cytometry core laboratory. Will manage performance and mentoring of other associates. Serve as the key point of contact for other functional teams, departments, and external partners. Works closely with directors and leadership team. Will participate on cross-functional teams and projects. Executes and troubleshoot new procedures and lab instruments with high level of independence while working on multiple projects. Evaluates test data, reviews associated documentation, and supports the team with adherence to appropriate quality regulations. Strategizes to identify and mitigate risks. Makes recommendations for operational excellence and drives projects to completion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: Other duties may be assigned.
• Works in a GMP/GCP/GLP/CLIA regulated environment and is responsible for following all applicable regulations
• Oversees laboratory space and all relevant operations: instrument start-up, reagent & general laboratory inventory, equipment maintenance
• Provides guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to a group of associates in their assigned functional/technical area
• Ensure all team members are aligned of team goals and work together to achieve the collective goals of the team.
• Manage team resources and communicate any issues and team concerns effectively to management
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously and under tight timelines
• Act as a Subject matter expert related to operational processes in the functional area
• Responsible for writing and reviewing technical documents
• Ensures timelines of quality control testing; verifies that results are within acceptable limits and all operational aspects are complete before undertaking clinical trial specimen testing
• Develops and streamlines efficient workflows
• Ensuring that Quality Events such as incidents and deviations are proper documented, and for supporting/owning the immediate remediation and preventative actions
• Ensuring change requests are properly initiated, completed, and approved prior to the use of the assay, system, instrument, software, etc. being changed
• Maintaining up-to-date training records and ensuring training is complete prior to performing specific job functions
• Following approved and effective procedures to perform specific job functions, and ensuring procedures accurately reflect activities being performed
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Minimum requirements What you'll bring to the role:
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Ph.D. with a minimum of eight (8) years, masters or CLS with minimum of twelve (12) years or bachelors with minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant experience
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in pharmaceutical, drug development or diagnostic/clinical laboratory setting
• Minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience
• Possess an in depth of knowledge of their specific technical /functional area
• Possess professional maturity in handling difficult situations
• Possess confidence to skillfully manage the emotions of the team members and support them through stressful periods
• Previous supervisory experience of more than one year
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. Our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Vaccine Policy: While Novartis does not require vaccination at this time, for certain Novartis sites in the US all associates and candidates may be required to either upload an image of their COVID-19 vaccine card demonstrating proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (or other similar evidence of vaccination) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken by the associate or candidate within the past seven days to enter any of our sites and/or customer office or healthcare facility, as well as prior to participating in other work related off-site meetings. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to [email protected]
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Business Unit NAVIGATE BIOPHARMA SERVICES
Site Carlsbad, CA
Company/Legal Entity Navigate BioPharma Svcs., Inc.
Functional Area Research & Development
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
Shift Work No