766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
JOB PURPOSE & IMPACT
Under supervision, this position will be responsible for the accurate entry of clinical trial data information into computer database(s) and electronic worksheets. Will perform manual entries using data from multiple source materials. Requires exceptional attention to detail and ability to follow study specific procedures and adherence to data management compliance. Will ensure accuracy and adherence to applicable regulations, GCP and GDP and support the clinical data manager in establishing consistent practices. Duties may also include peer-to-peer quality review to ensure data integrity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: Other duties may be assigned based on business need.
• Performs accurate data entry of a significant amount of information from electronic or hardcopy source materials such as patient demographics, clinical raw data and testing results into electronic databases and spreadsheets in accordance with project requirements
• Reviews and verifies source materials to determine accuracy and completeness of information; follows up to correct or complete data entries
• Verifies data entered into electronic database and spreadsheets by checking printouts/reports for errors and corrects as required
• Assists with identification and correction of data errors in accordance with quality assurance procedures
• Adheres to standard operating procedures, protocols, and study specific guidelines
• Adheres to data security and confidentiality requirements when handling confidential data
• Assists in logging and monitoring of physical location of source documents
• Assists with data entry tasks for multiple clinical studies as necessary
• Assists with manual data entry review as necessary
• Communicates with data management staff, tech leads and project data coordinators regularly on data entry and data management issues
• Provides status updates on data entry tasks to management as necessary
• May assist with completion of data transfer files for timely and accurate reporting
• Ability to process and prioritize relevant tasks efficiently
• Following approved and effective procedures to perform specific job functions
• Activities must be performed to meet good clinical laboratory practices
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Minimum requirements What you'll bring to the role:
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in technology science or health-related field from an accredited institution is a plus
• Minimum of one (1) year data management experience preferred
• Data entry experience preferred
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Vaccine Policy: While Novartis does not require vaccination at this time, for certain Novartis sites in the US all associates and candidates may be required to either upload an image of their COVID-19 vaccine card demonstrating proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (or other similar evidence of vaccination) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken by the associate or candidate within the past seven days to enter any of our sites and/or customer office or healthcare facility, as well as prior to participating in other work related off-site meetings. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to [email protected]
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Business Unit NAVIGATE BIOPHARMA SERVICES
Site Carlsbad, CA
Company/Legal Entity Navigate BioPharma Svcs., Inc.
Functional Area Research & Development
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
Shift Work No