Service Worker (ELIGIBLE FOR SIGN-ON BONUS)
Job ID: req2255
Employee Type: nonexempt full-time
Facility: Frederick: ATRF
Location: 8560 Progress Dr, Frederick, MD 21701 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and operated by Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. The lab addresses some of the most urgent and intractable problems in the biomedical sciences in cancer and AIDS, drug development and first-in-human clinical trials, applications of nanotechnology in medicine, and rapid response to emerging threats of infectious diseases.
Accountability, Compassion, Collaboration, Dedication, Integrity and Versatility; it's the FNL way.
FOR A LIMITED TIME – We are offering a one-time $1,200.00 Sign-On bonus, less applicable taxes for the successful candidate hired for this position! (Candidate must pass background check and onboarding requirements including pre-employment physical and drug screening).
The Facilities Maintenance and Engineering (FME) Directorate is responsible for laboratory space, administrative space, infrastructure, campus landscape, planning, and design, and construction management at Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research.
- Perform a variety of cleaning duties in laboratory and office areas
- Clean and wash windows, woodwork, furniture, floor coverings, fixtures stairwells, fire doors, bath-and restrooms
- Vacuum, dust and wet mop floors, spray buff, strip and refinish floors, clean carpets
- Operate autoclaves
- Operate industrial power equipment for cleaning
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Possession of an eighth-grade education or higher
- Ability to operate industrial power equipment used for cleaning
- Ability to read and understand written instructions
- Ability to perform physical duties including:
- Lifting and carrying up to 50lbs
- Walking, standing, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, and working in confined areas, potential exposure to particulates, vapors or noisy environment
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Knowledge of stripping and waxing procedures for hard surfaced floors
- This position may require continuous or intermittent exposure to and exertion in environmental conditions such as working outdoors, temperature extremes, humidity extremes. etc. as part of the job
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID
Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 8, 2021, Frederick
National Laboratory (FNL) will
require employees of Leidos Biomedical Research (LBR) and all newly hired
employees before their start date, in the United States, to be fully vaccinated or have a qualified