Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, proof of COVID vaccination is required for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions). To ensure the health and safety of all PacBio employees and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
Job Title Sr Software Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
PacBio (NASDAQ: PACB) is a premier life science technology company that is designing, developing and manufacturing advanced sequencing solutions to help scientists and clinical research resolve genetically complex problems. Our mission is to enable the promise of genomics to better human health. Genomics is core to all biological processes, and our advanced genomics tools provide scientists and clinical researchers the insights to better understand biology and health. We are now entering the century of biology and genomics is at the heart of the next revolution. Become part of the new paradigm in gene sequencing and help shape the future of genomic study by joining the PacBio team.
We are looking for a highly driven and talented software engineer to join our sequencing instrument development team.
As a Software Engineer, you will collaborate with scientists and engineers to create software for manufacturing, servicing, and running a DNA sequencing machine.
- Be a problem solver
- Be a primary contributor to new software for customer-facing control, manufacturing, QC, and internal system integration testing
- Provide guidance to other engineers facing challenging design decisions
- Help refine the tools and processes to make the project a success
- Work directly with scientists and engineers to make sure we are solving the problems the right way
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science, bioscience/biotechnology, engineering or significant experience
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience with C# and .NET
- Some experience with C++, C, python and embedded systems development
- Experience with developing software for hardware systems
- Extensive experience designing and implementing software quality patterns and practices (continuous integration, static analysis, unit testing, integrated testing)
- Deep understanding of SOA, software security architecture, REST APIs, and other architectural patterns
- Proficient with source control management and configuration management practices
- Good understanding of object-oriented analysis and design
- Demonstrated success in collaborating in a fast-paced team environment and delivering high-quality software products using established agile development methodologies (such as Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience in writing Windows-based software applications involving a graphical user interface and complex sets of business logic and rules.
- Some experience in Linux based environments and comfortable with command line tools
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner, and ability to work as part of a team
- Analytical skills to effectively review and analyze technical problems
- Ability and willingness to make an impact
- Be curious, detail oriented, and analytical, with a proven ability to learn quickly
- Be customer-focused, team-oriented, and motivated, taking ownership of assigned tasks
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- A passion for discovery
- Have proven verbal and written communication skills
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.