Freenome is a high-growth biotech company on a mission since 2014 to create tools that empower everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. To achieve this mission, Freenome is developing next-generation blood tests to detect cancer in its earliest, most treatable stages using our multiomics platform and machine learning techniques. Our first blood test will detect early-stage colorectal cancer and advanced adenomas.
About the Role - Contract to Hire
As a Warehouse Technician you will join a rapidly growing operations group and make an immediate impact on early cancer detection. You will support Freenome’s mission to facilitate the material availability across all Clinical and Research and Development labs by maintaining all warehouse, stockroom and point of use locations. The successful candidate will interface directly with our scientists, Operations and Supply chain, and Finance department to distribute material to the labs in an efficient and timely manner.
How you’ll contribute:
- Receive all inbound materials to support Clinical and R&D Operations
- Ship all outbound materials in accordance with DOT regulations
- Maintain and follow Inventory controls and procedures to ensure compliance with Clinical Lab Procedures and SOX regulations
- Maintain good record keeping of physical/virtual records of all inbound and outbound material.
- Perform inventory cycle counts on a regular cadence to ensure inventory accuracy
- Accurately enter data and perform inventory transactions with the ERP system with a high level of detail
- Retrieve and review expiry reports to segregate/quarantine and scrap expired material
- Review inventory requests and prepare kits for R&D studies and Commercial Production
- Ensure material availability in all laboratory, stockroom and warehouse locations
- Assist in support tasks, projects and initiatives to keep inventory locations secured, organized, and supplied
- Comply with all company, environmental, health and safety policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you’ll bring:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- ISO 13485/CLIA experience preferred
- DOT Certification (IATA/49-CFR) preferred
- Forklift Certification preferred
- Ability to load and drive a cargo van to distribute materials across the Freenome campus.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift
- Min. 1+ years working experience in inventory management and warehouse operations, preferably within a regulated industry
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 50lbs
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time
- Proficiency execute transactions within an ERP, NetSuite preferred
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills with a attention to detail
- Capability to manage multiple workflows and competing priorities while exercising good business judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Proficient with Microsoft Office Suites (Words, Excel, PowerPoint); preferable Google Suites
- Ability and willingness to adapt in a dynamic environment and cross train across different warehouse functions
- Must be able to work outside of the regular business hours to help support the goals of Freenome. Occasional weekend and overtime may be required
As a condition of employment, you agree to know and comply with our COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring all employees who work on-site and/or attend work-related events to be fully vaccinated and to receive a COVID-19 booster once eligible. Company employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and to receive a COVID-19 booster once eligible, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Absent a reasonable accommodation or legal exception, you agree to provide proof of your vaccination status and to be fully vaccinated by your first day on-site, in accordance with our policy. If you are currently eligible for a COVID-19 booster, you also agree to provide proof of having received a booster. If you are not yet eligible for a COVID-19 booster, you must provide proof of receiving a booster within two weeks of becoming eligible.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
We have raised more than $1.1B from leading investors including Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital Management, Roche Venture Fund, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis and the American Cancer Society’s BrightEdge Ventures.
A ‘Freenomer’ is a mission-driven employee who is fueled by the opportunity to make a positive impact on patients' lives, who thrives in a culture of respect and cross collaboration, and whose work makes a significant impact on the company and their career.
Freenomers are technical, creative, visionary, grounded, empathetic and passionate. We build teams around divergent expertise, allowing us to solve problems and ascertain opportunities in unique ways. Freenomers are some of the most talented experts in their fields, joining together to advance healthcare, one breakthrough at a time.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Competitive compensation
- Pre-IPO equity
- Flexible PTO (exempt) and generous PTO (non-exempt)
- Comprehensive health coverage, including medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness and mental health resources, including Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs), Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 401(k) plan
- $250.00 new hire stipend to enhance your home office experience
- Plus, a variety of other perks, including pre-tax commuter benefits, two paid volunteer days per year, pet insurance, and additional discounts
# # #
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
Notice to agencies:
Our in-house Talent Acquisition Team manages all employment opportunities at Freenome. Agencies and independent recruiters must be approved as a vendor by Freenome’s Talent Acquisition team before submitting candidates to any Freenome employee.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes or biographies from agencies under any circumstances. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Freenome, including those sent to a Freenome email address or directly to Freenome employees, will be considered Freenome property. Freenome will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Freenome will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Please do not contact Freenome employees directly. Compliance with this request will impact our decision to work with you.