The person in this role will lead the partnership with an assigned Global or U.S. commercial team to ensure the delivery of high-quality strategic business decision support, including investment decisions and commercial strategies and tactics.
As a member of the Business Analytics & Insights organization, this colleague will partner with Commercial Finance, Digital COEs, Chief Business Officer COEs and other analytics functions as necessary to deliver insightful analyses and recommendations that can be acted upon by the commercial organization.
The person in this role will frame, investigate, and answer key business questions through market research and analytics plans, globally or within countries. These plans will include a combination of primary market research, key performance tracking, and customer data mining to fully understand, generate insights, and contribute to the franchise strategy.
This role is dynamic, fast-paced, highly collaborative, and covers a broad range of strategic topics that are critical to our business. The successful candidate will join Business Analytics and Insights (BAI) colleagues worldwide that are constantly helping to drive the business through proactive thought leadership, innovative research capabilities, and the ability to communicate complex and dynamic information in new and creative ways.
Role definition and Key Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partner with key Pfizer stakeholders to support the design of market research and data analytics plans, and the overall management of the research process, globally and within countries.
- Apply all types of primary market research techniques, both qualitative and quantitative, to answer key business questions.
- Connect market research and secondary data analytics to tell a compelling and clear story.
Forecasting/Operating Plan Support
- In partnership with key Pfizer stakeholders, support the development of Long Range Forecasts (LRFs) and Operating Plans.
- Coordinate forecasting activities with local in-country, Global BAI, and Forecasting CoE colleagues.
- Qualify and quantify business opportunities, including communicating results and recommendations.
- Ensure accurate and effective performance measurement and deliver regular assessments of portfolio performance to leadership, including clear articulation of the data and its meaning for the business.
Vendor/Offshore Resource Management
- Develop, commission and contract complex and impactful research and analytic projects through preferred vendors.
- Create and manage budgets associated with assigned activities.
- Direct workload of flexible staffing resources.
- Be accountable for continuous improvement, as well as the identification/ utilization of new capabilities to maximize the competitive advantages of the business.
- Accountable for meeting compliance and Corporate SOP obligations of all Primary Market Research projects.
Collaboration with Other Analytical Teams
- Partner with local and global analytical teams to adapt global strategies to the local markets.
- Actively seek to share knowledge and expertise with other colleagues.
- Proactively seek alignment with other analytics teams (CoEs/other Global or Country teams) to ensure cohesive activities with our stakeholders and facilitate best practice sharing
REQUIRED BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- 7+ years of professional experience, with 5 years in analytic or consulting roles
- Experienced in quantitative and qualitative market research methodologies
- Experience in the design and management of secondary data analytics
- Ability to be flexible in supporting teams through complex and challenging cross-functional projects
- Ability to connect, integrate, and synthesize analysis into a meaningful ‘so what’ to drive clear strategic recommendations and enable commercial decision making
- Previous demonstrated experience of forecasting revenues
- Ability to identify and describe relevant caveats and uncertainties in research, analytic projects, and forecasts, including how they relate to the business question and broader strategic priorities
- Working knowledge of business / financial acumen
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Masters (or equivalent) in a quantitative discipline and 6 years' experience
- Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Industry experience, with Investment Banking & Finance highly desirable.
- Previous demonstrated experience in analyzing complex data sets preferred
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical data and visualization tools
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Marketing and Market Research