Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
- JOB SUMMARY
Accountable for the overall operations of the Warehouse during all shifts, including operations, personnel, safety, and financial performance. The Sr. Warehouse Manager is responsible for managing all material and finished product inventories within the warehouse. They are also responsible for oversight of all incoming and outgoing shipments as well as material movements throughout the site. The Sr. Warehouse Manager provides leadership to the warehouse team, overseeing the allocation and performance of their job functions and is ultimately responsible for warehouse operations, inventory control, and distribution activities in accordance with cGMP regulations.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Accountable for daily performance and training of all personnel
- Accountable for leading and developing all personnel
- Ensures incoming materials are received, put away, and managed compliantly and appropriately according to procedure
- Responsible for outbound materials picked, packed, and shipped compliantly and accurately according to procedure
- Accountable for outbound shipments sent on-time and in full
- Champions safety and 6S
- Accountable for inventory accuracy and inventory processes including cycle counts and other inventory audits
- Provide routine management information on inventory and capacity performance
- Ensure all records are maintained in accordance with Emergent requirements
- Lead and Process Change Controls, Deviations, and CAPAs, as required.
- Provide system oversight for the Non-Conforming Material (NCMR) process.
- Ensure all Warehouse procedures are kept current and applicable to the operations of the Warehouse.
- Maintain access, appearance, safety, and control of the warehouse including cold rooms and freezers
- Demonstrate leadership by ensuring decision making and communication are focused on Emergent’s vision and values.
- Ensures efficient cooperation, coordination and integration between the department and other business units
- Coaches and develops personnel to enhance current performance and provides corrective counseling if necessary
- Critical KPI management including On Time In Full, Safety etc.
- Perform daily Gemba walks, drive process improvements and ensure a safe working environment
- Complete warehouse safety and audit checklists as required
- SOP revisions as needed to ensure continued compliance and best practices in all areas of the warehouse.
- Responsible for driving change to ensure the warehouse is managed safely and compliantly.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- 4-year college degree required
- Minimum of 8 years warehouse experience; pharmaceutical (cGMP) preferred
- Minimum of 5 years warehouse leadership experience
- 4-plus years of SAP experience in a warehouse or distribution environment
- Knowledge of lean principles such as 6S, 8 wastes, leader standard work, and 5 whys
- Strong leadership and communication skills, and demonstrated application of teamwork principles
- Material handling equipment driving experience
- Good judgment and maturity, and strong analytical skills
- Forward thinker with strong industry knowledge and an ability to identify, synthesize, and act upon strategic information and changes within the environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Previous Cold Chain experience preferred
Successful applicants for this position that are required to be onsite at any Emergent site at any time, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to legally required exemptions.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.