Corcept is engaged in the discovery and development of drugs that treat severe endocrine, metabolic, oncologic and neurological disorders by modulating the effects of the hormone cortisol. Since 2012, we have marketed Korlym® for the treatment of patients suffering from Cushing’s syndrome, a life-threatening orphan disorder caused by excess cortisol activity.
In addition to our commercial product, Korlym, we have discovered a portfolio of more than 1,000 proprietary selective cortisol modulators. Lead compounds are in Phase 2 and Phase 3 trials for the treatment of patients with Cushing’s syndrome, advanced ovarian cancer, castration-resistant prostate cancer, weight gain caused by antipsychotic medications and non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (“NASH”). We are about to start a Phase 2 trial in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (“ALS”).
In 2021, we generated revenue of $366 million and net income of $112 million.
Clinical Specialist (CS): Memphis, TN
The CS is accountable for implementing the sales strategies for approved products consistent with Corcept’s compliance standards as well as all applicable legal requirements for those key targeted health care providers and hospital systems within an assigned territory.
- Build and develop professional relationships with influential high prescribers and thought leaders in the territory to enhance Corcept brand and product loyalty
- Leverages expertise and knowledge of the therapeutic disease state, the marketplace, applicable competitors, industry, and cross-functional activities/plans to anticipate and effectively manage business opportunities and challenges
- Develops and implements effective customer specific territory plans and communicates insights to internal stakeholders
- Prioritizes time and effort to ensure optimal coverage of appropriate physician specialists based on opportunity and potential
- Plan and participate in education programs and speaker dinner programs
- Manage territory expenses/budget to support sales and marketing activities
Preferred Skills, Qualifications and Technical Proficiencies:
- Proven track record of consistent high performance
- Strong ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally
- Required to travel up to 100% of the time, including up to 40% overnight travel
- Must maintain a driving record in accordance with Corcept’s vehicle policy
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years sales experience required, recent endocrine relationships, specialty therapeutic, hospital, or orphan drugs sales experience highly preferred
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Corcept appreciates the commitment and hard work of all our team members as we strive to discover and develop novel treatments for patients with serious unmet medical needs.
Please visit our website at: https://www.corcept.com/
Corcept is an Equal Opportunity Employer