About Maze Therapeutics
Maze is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company harnessing the power of human genetics to transform the lives of patients through the development of a pipeline of novel precision medicines for patients with genetically defined diseases. Maze is leveraging Compass™, a proprietary, end-to-end purpose built platform to advance a pipeline of precision medicines across four disease areas - renal, cardiac, neurological and metabolic diseases. Our flexible business model aims to translate our genetic insights into as many new therapies for patients as possible.
Maze is comprised of a team of passionate and creative professionals committed to discovering and delivering transformative medicines to patients suffering from both rare and common genetic diseases. We are fostering a culture that encourages vision, initiative and the development of talent. Our supportive work environment inspires creative thinking and freedom of expression, resulting in a stimulating atmosphere where people enjoy coming to work. While we have a passion for advanced science and pride ourselves on excellence in execution, ultimately, everything we do is about patients.
Our Core Values
Further Together – Our path is paved with challenges, but with resilience and a team-first mentality, we’ll achieve our mission.
Impact Obsessed – We embrace the bold, take calculated risks, and learn from our mistakes to improve the lives of others.
Stand True – Our integrity is foundational; it guides us no matter the obstacle.
A self-motivated, organized, and skilled pharmacologist with experience in preclinical in vivo pharmacodynamic and disease models. The successful candidate will play a key role in conducting efficacy studies to support Maze’s research projects and in preclinical pharmacodynamic and disease model development. Applicants must feel comfortable with the fast pace of a small biotech company and have the flexibility to work on multiple projects. This is a hands on role that will impact drug discovery across multiple programs and collaborate across departments on studies.
Your Impact Includes:
- Design and conduct in vivo preclinical studies to demonstrate target engagement or efficacy in disease models to support drug candidate discovery and development
- Contribute to efforts to identify biomarkers that may have clinical utility
- Collaborate and coordinate seamlessly with other functional groups and project team members to deliver on program goals
- Contribute to disease model development activities
- Process, interpret, and document scientific results and communicate findings
- BS with 2+ years’ industry experience or MS with related experience. Level will be commensurate with experience
- Demonstrated experience in a small or mid-size, fast paced environment is preferred
- Fluency with general biology lab procedures
- Experience rodent handling, and in designing and executing rodent studies
- Proficiency in rodent dosing via multiple routes of administration and biological sample collection
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute actively to an integrated team
- Organized and detail-oriented with meticulous record keeping skills
- Eagerness to learn new techniques and develop novel disease models
- Highly motivated, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with histological techniques a plus
- Experience with neurological, cardiometabolic and/or renal disease models a plus