Schrödinger, a science and technology leader with 30 years of experience providing solutions for atomic-scale modeling and physics-based chemical simulations, seeks a Software Engineer to improve and maintain the code of our enterprise products.
As a member of the LiveDesign team, you’ll join a group of passionate engineers, entrepreneurs, scientists, and tinkerers in their efforts to develop a rich web application that allows scientists to leverage the power of Schrödinger’s software platform. Using your love for software development and eye for coding quality, you will play an essential role in revolutionizing the design of novel therapeutics and materials.
Who will love this job:
- A skilled software engineer who’s excited by the prospect of developing and deploying web services with containerization technologies (specifically Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, and Tilt)
- A modern infrastructure operations/automation tools expert who enjoys server virtualization, deployment automation, and continuous integration and testing
- A passionate *nix system operator who understands process limits, devices, networking, and systems administration
- Anyone who enjoys Capture the Flags or other technical puzzles
- An excellent verbal and written communicator
What you’ll do:
- Work with various application teams to develop and automate the systems that build, test, deploy, and monitor our development and production environments
- Assist in troubleshooting infrastructure-related issues that come up "in the wild"
- Design and develop our internal infrastructure services, primarily written with Python/Django
- Exercise your own judgment (along with support from teammates) to architect and implement robust, secure, and maintainable solutions
What you should have:
Pay and perks:
- Over three years of experience in development, infrastructure, and/or systems administration
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Bash, etc
- Understanding of container technologies such as Docker, Podman, and Kubernetes
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.