HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Scientific Project Manager, Remote
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. The Scientific Project Manager will be responsible for supporting cross-functional teams for a variety of Discovery pipeline projects across therapeutic areas. This is a highly visible position that will apply fit-for-purpose project management in order to advance pipeline projects through Amgens governance process and towards clinical candidate nomination.
Position is remote, with preference for ability to support working hours in the Pacific Time zone.
- Partners with Project Team Leads (PTL) to charter teams, develop core documents, establish timeline and budget, and align project tactics with project strategy
- Partners with PTLs to plan for and successfully navigate Amgen governance requirements
- Manages project timelines and monitors team adherence to project plans; accountable for ensuring project plans/timelines are entered and updated in the enterprise system
- Facilitate effective project meetings and manage change in a matrix environment
- Liaise with Senior PTLs to manage each therapeutic area portfolio
- Identifies resource gaps and works with Project Team to resolve, escalating when necessary
- Drives best practices across teams and develops and implements fit-for-purpose tools to efficiently support Project Teams
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is a standout colleague with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of directly related experience OR
- Masters degree and 3 years of directly related experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of directly related experience
- Advanced degree and 2+ years research experience in either Oncology, Inflammation, Cardiovascular, or Metabolic space
- 2+ years demonstrated fit-for-purpose project management experience supporting research programs in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Strong competencies in planning, project management, and organization with the ability to lead multiple activities in parallel while maintaining a focus on quality
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to effectively work in a team/matrix environment, to collaborate and coordinate with internal and external department staff at various levels, and to influence others effectively; able to build and collaborate with a cross-functional network
- Creative and critical problem-solving skills with high comfort in ambiguous situations
- Self-directed quick learner who is proactive and takes initiative, with ability to adapt to a dynamic environment; proven ability to grasp general knowledge of multiple disciplines
- Strong oral and written communications skills
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.