HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
Director of Business PerformanceLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be reporting to the Vice President (VP) of External Supply Quality! The Director of Business performance and Governance is responsible for managing the ES MR process, quality metric trending and performance management, and Key elements of the ES Quality System and Training. Driving continuous improvement and process simplification and optimization. Digital, Data structures & analytics and technology solutions. Candidates must possess experience in effective decision making, influencing skills, and ability to simultaneously manage numerous complex issues and projects. This position requires demonstration of strong management and leadership skills along with advanced communication and analytical skills.
Key areas of responsibility:
Change the Business - strategy and initiatives:
- Partner with SLT to agree to priorities, quantitate opportunities that support the overall Global quality and ES/ESQ strategies.
- Help develop the concept for change to a deployable strategy identifying and quantitating opportunities to simplifying processes, removing non-value added activities and drive value for Amgen.
- Working with Global Quality Digital team and ODS&C to build efficient tools that drive simplicity, connectivity and insights that are Scalable to the business needs
- Establish and maintain Focused systems that are built to deliver for External Supplys unique requirements
- Sustainable and designed to function in the medium term. No outdated or unsupported solutions
- Establish, build and maintain Capability to support External engagement and sharing of data in a secure and compliant manner in both directions
- Own Amgens Supplier/CMO data standards and architecture
- Provisional status decision making process ownership (standardization)
- Supplier Remediation plan governance and management
Chief of Staff:
- Ensure on time delivery of any action items and commitments (e.g. benchmarking from external organizations) and regular communications/reports and SVP presentations
- Responsible for regular ESQ meetings. This includes coordinating agenda topics, consolidating presentation and pre-read content, distributing pre-reads, facilitating each meeting, and creating/distributing minutes and follow up on action items
- Responsible for External Supply Quality All-Staff meetings
- Partner with External Supply HR Business Partner to support talent management meetings, staffing/organizational initiatives as deemed necessary, and organizational or workforce strategy related efforts
- Partner with Quality Finance lead to educate on and translate functional priorities and business details related to financials. Partner on data and visualization appropriate for audience and oversight of organizational shape and budget. Review financials monthly with leadership team.
- Responsible for planning, developing, and maintaining the ESQ budget. Additional responsibilities include the Coordinate oversight of organizational deliverables, annual goals, and management of the overall External Supply Quality initiatives.
MR, Trending and QS and Quality Performance:
- Work with ES and ESQ teams to monitor the key quality performance metrics for the organization. Monitoring will be performed through Work cells and Management review which this role will be responsible for managing.
- Where quality KPI performance is not meeting targets, support the ES/ESQ teams to develop a plan for improvement of the metric with the key stakeholders involved.
- Requires clarity of decision making and authority at all levels and driving diligence on prioritization cross functionally
- Developing and implementing objectives and business strategies
- Selecting key personnel and motivating members of the functional area
- Challenging employees to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor
- Training and development
- Supporting workforce diversity, quality and safety, supporting supervisors/managers in the management of their employees/department which support achievement of individual/department/business objectives
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements and Amgen policies and practices
- Establishing departmental and individual goals and objectives in alignment with Global Quality and ES goals and priorities
- Identifying performance improvement targets and metrics
- Ensuring capabilities and capacity in place to effectively deliver on all departmental commitments and performance targets
- Strengthening overall leadership and organizational capabilities in area of responsibility
- Building and sustaining high performance management team and ensuring strong alignment and coordination with other functional groups
- Identifying the required resources and expertise, implementing the appropriate team/departmental structures and establishing the required processes and communications to enable department(s) to effectively deliver on all commitments while building a culture of Safety and Quality and continuous improvement
- Ensuring effective utilization of resources by ensuring robust employee development, performance management, succession planning, and rewards and recognitions practices in area of responsibility
- Building and sustaining employee engagement by creating an environment within which individuals and teams can excel
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dedicated business professional we seek is a collaborative partner with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree and 4 years of experience in engineering, science or business management in the life sciences industry Or
- Masters degree and 8 years of experience in engineering, science or business management in the life sciences industry Or
- Bachelors degree and 10 years of experience in engineering, science or business management in the life sciences industry And 4 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Significant experience in biotechnology, leading development, and execution of cross functional, complex technical projects
- Direct experience partnering with and influencing executive leadership
- Green Belt or Black Belt Certification with continuous improvement / Lean transformation experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and executive presence, including ability to storyline and prepare executive-level presentations and pre-reads
- Adapting and thriving in a rapidly changing and fast-moving environment
- Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to influence different functions and levels of the organization
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to lead effectively in a matrixed, highly fluid environment
- Ability to foster collaboration, work effectively on cross-functional teams and consistently deliver on-time while serving as a role model for Amgen values and leadership attributes
- Strong knowledge of relevant quality system elements and cGMPs
- Strong leadership skills with significant managerial experience directly managing people, teams, projects, and programs
- Excellent communication skills able to work with and influence executive management
- Ability to gather disparate information and develop into executive ready materials
- Direct experience in a cross-functional business operations or strategic project management role
- Deep understanding of all Operations/quality functions
- Highly organized with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders and supporting functions (e.g. Regulatory, Sourcing, Human Resources, Finance)
- Strong financial acumen and ability to interpret and communicate financial information
- BSc in science, engineering or equivalent with additionally qualifications (Masters /PhD)
- Significant experience in transformational change programs Experience in the development and rolling out of effective training programs
- Awareness and understanding of quality and regulatory industry trends, policies and guidelines
- Proven skills in building and maintaining productive relationships with organizational partners such process development, manufacturing, global quality, and regulatory affairs
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.