HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Associate Manufacturing -- Downstream
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world. In this vital role you seek a variety of challenges and responsibilities around our state-of-the-art Mammalian Cell Culture facility. This role might support non-standard shifts that may include 1st, 2nd, 3rd shifts and/or weekends.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Completion of the on-boarding and applicable training qualifications.
- Preparing and operating operation-critical equipment.
- Developing your experience with bioreactors, chromatography & filtration skids, buffer/media preparation, autoclave and part washer systems.
- Involved in monitoring, sampling and testing, use pumps, sterile tube welders and aseptic connectors
- Document procedures and results.
- Deep understanding of the big picture will be vital as you help to develop deviation documents,
- Craft ever-more efficient methods and processes around the facility.
What we expect of you
We are all different! Yet we all use outstanding contributions to serve patients. The Associate Manufacturing professional we seek is an individual contributor with these qualifications.
Associates degree and 4 years of manufacturing experience
High school diploma and 6 years of manufacturing experience
Beyond that, additional Preferred Qualifications are:
- Educational background in Science, Mathematics, Statistics and/or Engineering
- Experience in a GMP regulated environment.
- Knowledge in a Biotechnology industry working with Purification, Buffer, and/or formulation/filling
- Knowledge in Cleaning in place, Steam in place, chromatography, Viral filtration and Ultrafiltration
- Basic knowledge in analytical methods e.g. (protein concentration, pH, conductivity, LAL, Osmolality).
- Proficient performing assembling, disassembling, operating and understanding equipment per procedures.
- Written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.