HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will collaborate with business partners and other IS service leads to define IS strategy and technology stack in support of business strategy and goals and responsible for "Build" and "Run" project portfolio execution.
Center for Design and Analysis(CfDA) is a critical business area with high impact on Amgen's Clinical Development. Clinical study data analytics, visualization and advanced technology play a vital role in support of Amgens innovative approaches for clinical program/study design and analysis. Through the strategic use of technology and information, this position will help create competitive advantages for Amgen.
- Shape Amgen's future IS roadmaps - track and evaluate business (Clinical Development) and technology trends, connect and foster external networking opportunities to deliver valuable insights from other similar professionals in our industry.
- Assessment of new/innovative ideas and development of business case with ROI for new service enhancements / technology projects
- Deliver innovative software solutions that enable the routine use of data and analytics to better inform clinical trial design and analysis decisions
- Lead execution of a varied portfolio of IS projects with appropriate portfolio planning, financial, resource, vendor and risk management, leveraging agile approaches for flexible and nimble execution.
- Design, write, test, and validate analytics and visualization solutions to support clinical trial design and analysis
- Implement both internally developed and externally provided analytics and visualization solutions that support clinical trial design and analysis
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Information Systems professional we seek is a Business Analyst with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of technical / software development experience
Masters degree and 6 years of technical / software development experience
Bachelors degree and 8 years of technical / software development experience
Associates degree and 10 years of technical / software development experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of technical / software development experience
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Life Sciences or other relevant scientific subject
- 8+ years leading technical / analytic application development projects
- Ability to communicate IS strategy and findings to both business and IT leaders in a way that can influence how an organization approaches a business challenge
- Demonstrated ability to combine strategic business and technical direction, and translate concepts into useful implementation plans.
- High learning agility, problem solving, creative and analytical thinking
- Experience with implementing data analytics capabilities, cloud solutions and enabling business self-service models
- Experience in data mining, modeling, statistics, analytics and math, SAS, R, Python, machine learning
- A working knowledge of one or more relevant industry data standards (e.g., CDISC SDTM, CDISC ADaM, HL7 BRIDG, OMOP)
- Drug Development (pre-, early, late and/or observational) in related industries or academic research)
- A consistent track record in delivering innovative analytic software solutions
- Experience in using data and analytics to inform clinical trial design
- Experience working effectively in a globally dispersed team environment
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.