HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Senior Associate, Accounting ProjectsLive
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world! In this vital role you will work as a Senior Associate for our Global Accounting team, based at the Amgen Capability Center located in Tampa, Florida, and report to the Director of Accounting.
The Senior Associate will play a key role in completing accounting and reporting projects as well as supporting activities and compliance for the Global Accounting close process. The role will focus on collaboration with project teams including Information Services, Functional and Regional Accounting, and other Business partners aimed at improving standardization and efficiency to drive best in class Accounting and Finance processes.
Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Contributing to local, International finance, and/or accounting projects including
- Leading project planning sessions
- Coordinating staff and internal resources
- Reporting project progress and adapting work as required and ensuring projects meet timelines
- Growing and maintaining relationships with clients and partners
- Creating project documentation including process flow, business case analysis, and presentations to leadership.
- Suggesting improvements to processes and working with project teams to plan and implement
- Ensuring accurate, complete, and timely monthly and quarterly accounting close:
- Reviewing of month-end accounting checklist, manual Journal Entries posted by our outsource partner accounting staff, trial balance, and account reconciliations
- Examination and reconciling of items not clearing timely
- Preparation of Close documentation for the region and account analyses
- Oversight and coordination of close activities with third-party shared service center and cross-functionally to ensure appropriate service is provided and any issues are resolved.
- Supporting annual International Internal Control Certification and/or quarterly SOX process
- Assisting cross-functional global accounting and finance teams with U.S. GAAP accounting, payroll processing, and tax compliance, as well as the implementation of recommended improvements as a result of internal/external audits or other process improvement initiatives
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The accounting/project professional we seek is a motivated and committed worker with these qualifications.
- Masters degree, OR
- Bachelors degree and 2 years of Accounting or Finance or Project experience, OR
- Associates degree and 6 years of Accounting or Finance or Project experience, OR
- High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Accounting or Finance or Project experience
- 2+ years of experience in accounting functions
- Project management experience or certification
- Experience with ERP systems (preferably SAP), RPA, or other technologies supporting the accounting function
- Proficient in Microsoft Teams, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally in an organization
- Detailed oriented and highly motivated
- Strong project management skills
- Able to take the initiative and work under a minimum supervision
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.