Relocation is offered for this role
Job DescriptionHOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are!
At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do, which is the key for us to becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together by researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide.
COMMERCIAL DATA & ANALYTICS MANAGER - FORECASTING
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will lead US demand forecasting for one of our General Medicine business lines. This role will report to the General Medicine Forecasting Director within the Global Commercial Data & Analytics organization.
- Craft, prepare, and maintain patient and prescription-based forecasts aligned to the needs of cross functional collaborators
- Contribute to regular forecast cycles including annual long-range quarterly forecasts, portal updates and business cases
- Leverage scenario modeling to support decision making and to respond to ad-hoc requests
- Independently perform in-depth data analysis to build robust assumptions and forecast inputs
- Demonstrate solid business acumen to deliver brand and market level insights, and challenge status quo thinking
- Confidently present and defend forecast approach, methodology, assumptions, and output at the executive level
- Drive the advancement and implementation of new forecast approaches and methodologies that can result in better strategical decisions
In a typical week, the forecasting manager will be connecting with stakeholders to understand key business questions that need answers, collaborating cross-functionally to gather or triangulate the necessary data, building useful models leveraging available information to predict outcomes, and presenting results to senior executives.
WHAT WE EXPECT OF YOU
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. What we seek in you as an expert professional are these qualifications and skills:
- Masters degree & 2 years of relevant experience, or
- Bachelors degree & 4 years of relevant experience, or
- Associates degree and 8 years of relevant experience, or
- 10 years of relevant experience
- Advanced degree in Business, Analytics, Economics, CS, or related quantitative field
- 2+ years of forecasting, management consulting, business analytics or data analytics
- Solid understanding of forecasting methodologies, quantitative techniques, marketing analysis, advanced spreadsheets, modeling software, and reporting software
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills with the ability to explain complex concepts and sensitive findings clearly to a variety of audiences, including senior and executive management
- Ability to balance multiple sophisticated projects and workstreams simultaneously
- Ability to function independently
- Proven exceptional strategic/critical thinking abilities and eye for business
- Knowledge of commonly used biopharmaceutical industry databases
- Experience within therapeutic areas of interest to Amgen Gen Medicine: inflammation, neurology, cardiovascular, respiratory, bone
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT OF US
As we work to develop treatments that look after others, we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn, develop and move up and laterally across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where colleagues are empowered to bring ideas to the table, take risks and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising healthcare, finance, wealth, work/life balance and career benefits
FOR A CAREER THAT DEFIES IMAGINATION
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first toimagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.