HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
Digital Engineering Product Owner Project Controls (Remote)Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. Data is the new gold. Digitalization is generating large quantities of data and when used with intelligent automation, it will transform how we do work in Engineering. Be part of the Engineering Digital Transformation (EDT) within Global Engineering at Amgen. We are embarking on a journey that will digitize and automate how we deliver capital projects and manage the lifecycle of our assets.
Amgen is seeking a Business Product Owner Project Controls to initially to lead the development and roll out of multiple digital solutions/products within the EDT Initiative relating specifically Project Controls and then to ensure there is an ongoing roadmap for their sustainment. The EDT initiative is responsible for the digital advancement of the Engineering Project Delivery including Plan, Design, Build, Test, Operate & Maintain and Dispose.
In support of Amgens mission to serve patients, the application of technology and innovation thinking with the digital solutions/products developed will create new levels of efficiency and speed in Project Delivery and Asset Lifecycle Management.
The Business Product Owner must be a strategic problem solver. This person will create and maintain product capability roadmap using either a pilot and scale approach or wireframe, prototyping and industrialization approach. The product owner shall solicit feedback and make decisions for the digital solutions/products as well as able to ensure tactical execution is both timely and of consistent high quality using agile methodology.
Domain expertise in engineering project delivery (planning, design, construction and commissioning) and project controls is required. An understanding of Data Governance, Data Management and Data Standardization is helpful in managing the product development.
- Lead the development and roll out of multiple digital solutions/products within the EDT Initiative relating specifically to Project Controls. This will include oversite of the engineering teams (SMEs), users, DTI, ODS&C, customers, UX and Product Management to understand business requirements and customer pain points.
- Act as a SME for all Project Controls disciplines across all EDT with strong experience in cost management, scheduling, portfolio management processes and tools
- Serve as the voice of the customer/client and the leader of the product team
- Monitor, evaluate, and communicate product progress at each stage of the development lifecycle, including key decisions and issue escalation
- Collaborate with prospective users and clients to understand and anticipate their needs, shape the vision and concept, and translate needs into product requirements
- Own the product roadmap; work with internal and external customers to analyze the needs and align the roadmap to strategic goals
- Develop scope and help define backlog items (epics/features/user stories) that guide the development team
- Solve product-related problems, make decisions, complete trade-off analysis to stay on track towards business commitments
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies.
- Assess value, develop business cases, and prioritize opportunities to ensure the work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally and as the primary contact for queries related to the product
- Define and implement change management plans including communications, staff engagement, training, and sponsorship
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for the product features so they are clearly understood by the development teams
- Monitor and evaluate external trends and cross-industry benchmarks to help shape development approaches and our technology roadmap
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is an individual with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree & 2 years of Engineering and capital projects delivery experience OR
- Masters degree & 6 years of Engineering and capital projects delivery experience OR
- Bachelors degree & 8 years of Engineering and capital projects delivery experience OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of Engineering and capital projects delivery experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Engineering and capital projects delivery experience
- 5 or more years of engineering or construction experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology/Engineering industry in project controls (Funding, Estimating, Cost Management, Scheduling, Contract Strategy)
- 2 years of leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- 5 or more years of experience in implementing project controls on projects
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and drive decision making across sites, functions & the network
- Knowledge of project controls process within Engineering Project Delivery Process
- Understanding scope control by change management, estimating, and cost and schedule management
- Development and reporting of project cost, schedule, and cash flow
- Experience in progress measurement methods such as Earned Value Management
- Project Management experience
- Strong analytic and problem-solving ability
- Drive to deliver strong results through contributions across the broader network
- Excellent organizational and task management skills
- Experience with data visualization tool (e.g., Tableau, Spotfire)
- Strong communication skills and ability to translate / communicate technical information to a variety of audiences
- Ability to operate in a matrixed or team environment with site, functional, and executive leadership
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.