HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Senior Associate Data ScientistLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world!
In this vital role, you will become a member of the Enterprise Compliance Analytics and Global Transparency team that primarily supports the Compliance function analytically through data discovery and implementing business and technical solutions. You will support various departments in US and OUS Compliance (Investigations, Monitoring, Healthcare Compliance Leads, Policies, Training) and other Amgen functions (Corporate Audit, Information Security, Advocacy Relations, Corporate Affairs, Sales and Marketing, Global Medical) and collaborate with business partners, your team members and IS to implement projects. This position will innovate and build notable business impact through the use of sophisticated analytics techniques to help Amgen with its mission to serve patients by helping them get the therapies they need. If you are passionate about analytics, love to learn and enjoy collaborating cross-functionally and are excited to work with massive amounts of data, this is a great opportunity to grow your skills.
Key job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
- Identifying business needs and proposing potential analytics approaches for solutions
- Understanding your business stakeholders objectives by finding the best data sources for a given analysis and turning business requirements into technical requirements
- Partnering with cross functional teams on projects and/or programs to systematically derive insights that ultimately derive substantial business value for Amgen and our patients
- Communicating analysis ideas, progress and presenting results and solutions to leadership and business partners
- Providing ongoing support to deployed solutions and iterating to adapt to evolving requirements
- Assisting with projects that implement machine learning capabilities
- Learning from and sharing knowledge and skills with your teammates
- Ensuring systems meet business requirements and industry standard methodologies
- Assuring compliance with regulatory, security, and privacy requirements as it relates to data
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The relationship oriented professional we seek is a trade and channel executive with these qualifications.
US Citizen or Valid Green Card holder ONLY, no sponsorship at this time.
Bachelors degree and 2 years of data science and/or analytics experience
Associates degree and 6 years of data science and/or analytics experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of data science and/or analytics experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent in education and experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in Python (at least 2 years), SAS, Tableau, Unix/Linux and ODBC and preferably Salesforce
- Experience with databases including Teradata, SQL Server, Oracle and Amazon Redshift
- Excellent skills in assessing the quality of data and documenting caveats and assumptions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Eagerness to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Meticulous technical proficiency with strong logical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organization/planning skills and talent for managing many large and complex datasets.
- Ability to collaborate and influence business partners and other IS resources to drive analytic projects end-to-end
- Ability to communicate analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Passion for learning and staying on top of current developments in advanced analytics
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.