HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Project ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world. This vital role will drive the development and manages the execution of high-quality project plans in support of the overall program strategy for assigned work packages within the CMZ Sub teams (work package teams) and applies project management standard methodologies in the development, initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of projects.
- Partnering with functional leads to develop high quality, project plans for results within the cross-functional work package teams that are aligned with the overall program strategy
- Identify project issues or resource gaps and facilitating resolution
- Driving decision making using Amgens DAI framework
- Monitor and communicate project progress and variance through timeline management
- Support the CRDC risk management and scenario planning for product teams
- Develop and supervise project results within the work package teams by; document issues, decisions, and action items
- Advance project issues to Global Program Manager (GPM) or Work Package Team Senior Program Manager, as appropriate
- Implement decisions from the Product Team (in conjunction with Work Package team lead and Team Senior PM)
- Coordinate activities with external business partners and alliances, where applicable; contributing to partnership contract results
- Develop results status summaries inform management, as needed
- Produce communication plans and serve as a single point of contact for the project management of assigned work packages.
- Provide project information to GPML and/or SPM / Work Package Team Lead for incorporation into commercialization deliverables and program timelines
- Provide project information at team meetings and to other partners, as appropriate
- Support work package communication across functions, regions and participate in special department, cross functional, or team projects
- Apply standard methodology project management to Amgens global commercialization process
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The project manager we seek is a professional with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree OR
- Masters degree & 2 years of Project Management experience in Pharmaceutical Industry OR
- Bachelors degree & 4 years of Project Management experience OR
- Associates degree & 10 years of Project Management experience OR
- High school diploma / GED & 12 years of Project Management experience
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams
- Experience in the Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, or other Healthcare-related field
- Experience in a drug development Project Management role
- Drug development knowledge with awareness of key functions that may include Research, Pre-Clinical, Clinical, Manufacturing, Commercial and Regulatory
- Experience using Project Management tools, methodologies, practices and infrastructure, as related to the Biopharmaceutical Industry
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that look after others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and improve your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and broad community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us!careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.