HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Manager, Technology Strategy & InnovationLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will
- Ensure maximum value achieved across assigned partnerships within boundaries of current agreement(s), and identify additional areas of value
- Orchestrate effective and efficient partnership processes with internal cross-functional partners
- develop, maintain, and cultivate partnerships with disruptive or radical external innovators, as assigned
- Ensure effective and efficient partnership governance
- Identify, understand, manage and resolve differences between Amgen and partner(s) (e.g. strategy, operating model, process, relative program prioritization, risk tolerance, norms, etc.)
- Ensure Amgens compliance with partnership obligations including contractual commitments and key deliverables and oversee financial aspects of collaboration
- Oversee that Amgen decision-making is informed by contract terms with partner, partners point of view, and any events that could alter partnership value
- Partner with functional stakeholders and Global Strategic Sourcing (GSS) to provide strategic input into agreement negotiations
- Establish credibility, trust, and respect throughout Amgen and with our partners
- Synthesize and present analyses (financial or non-financial) as needed to cross functional teams and senior management
- Seek additional opportunities to broaden value of partnership through current partner capabilities and offerings or through collaborative innovation
Travel expected 0-10% as neededWin
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The outstanding professional we seek is a candidate with these qualifications.
Masters degree and 3 years of data & analytics experience
Bachelor degree and 5 years of data & analytics experience
Associate degree and 10 years of data & analytics experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of data & analytics experience
- Degree in mathematics, science, or business related field
- Deep knowledge and expertise in drug discovery and/or drug development
- Working knowledge of advanced technology, including: AI/machine learning, quantum computing, and blockchain
- Working knowledge of biotechnology commercialization, healthcare data and healthcare policy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong ability to build effective client and project team relationships
- High attention to details and quality
- Excellent project management and coordination/collaboration skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to successfully prioritize a diverse workload to meet deadlines
- Autonomy to work independently with few instructions, as well as know when to obtain direction
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.