HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Sr Data Engineer
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. The Enterprise Engineering and Analytics organization is looking for a Sr Data Engineer. In this vital role you will be responsible for technical management and execution of operational production support and maintenance activities. You will work with data teams to identify and implement reliability improvement across data infrastructure. This role requires technical hands on work and leadership skill.
- Collaborate with lead architect, data engineering and RunOps teams
- Contributing to the improved operations of a sophisticated data ecosystem, including 75+ data source pipelines
- Driving Operational Data Quality (DQ) efforts including bridging operations, DQ checks, and roles & responsibilities for product teams vs. incident response.
- Bringing SRE (Service/Site Reliability engineering) concepts to life, for Data Engineering service
- Driving engineering improvements and automation, creating an automation-first SRE/DevOps culture
- Serve as lead engineer for technical implementation of data engineering Pipelines and Run Infrastructure Automation.
- Develop software/Utilities to supervise and improve end-to-end platform performance, identify runtime deficiencies, find potential failures, and fix production issues
- Improve the durability, simplicity, performance, and maintainability of our integrated landscape
- Proactively work on challenging data integration problems by implementing optimal ETL patterns, frameworks for structured and unstructured data.
- Automate and Optimize data pipeline and framework for easier and cost-effective development process.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a lead data engineer with these qualifications.
Masters degree and 3 years of related experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of related experience
Associate degree and 10 years of related experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
- Solid knowledge of Big Data platforms such as Spark, Hive, Kafka, Kinesis, Spark Streaming, and Airflow.
- Experience with implementing technologies that will enhance resiliency, agility, and self healing on AWS and open-source platforms
- Experience maintaining the site reliability with near 100% uptime of critical applications, globally
- Proficiency with Programming languages such as Python, Java, Java script and build tools
- Knowledge of Docker containerization and Kubernetes/EKS cluster management for container orchestration
- Experience with automated monitoring frameworks such as InfluxDB, Grafana, Telegraf, Fluentd, Kapacitor, etc.
- Experience architecting and building ETL pipelines; Hands-on experience with SQL
- Experience with Software engineering best-practices, including but not limited to version control, CI/CD, automated testing
- Experience with AWS services: EC2, S3, EMR, RDS, Redshift/Spectrum, Lambda, Glue, Athena
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appe
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.