HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
Senior Manager of Decision Science, Omnichannel OrchestrationLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will [top-line statement connecting primary position responsibility to employer brand].
- Work with partners across the organization to build scalable and production-grade AI/ML products and bring consistent approach to solving complex business problems
- Identify key business questions that need to be addressed to meet changing business needs; Prioritize resources to impact critical business issues and decisions
- Lead execution of omnichannel analytics engagements geared towards crafting customer experience for priority Amgen brands
- Design and build frameworks to tune the model parameters to achieve desired program outcomes and support monitor and address model performance over time
- Work with data engineers and IS/IT teams to identify the right data granularity required for different modeling /measurement approaches, automate model retraining and deployment
- Ensure that both structured and ad-hoc projects follow all Amgen SOPs and meet service-level expectations for quality, timeliness, and budget
- Mentor high-performing data scientists within the team
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Data and Decision Sciences professional we seek is a leader with these qualifications.
Basic Qualifications:Basic Qualifications
Doctorate degree and 2 years of experience in statistics, operations research, mathematics, econometrics, business administration or a quantitative fieldOr
Masters degree and 4 years of experience in statistics, operations research, mathematics, econometrics, business administration or a quantitative fieldOr
Bachelors degree and 6 years of experience in statistics, operations research, mathematics, econometrics, business administration or a quantitative fieldOr
Associates degree and 10 years of experience in statistics, operations research, mathematics, econometrics, business administration or a quantitative field
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of experience in statistics, operations research, mathematics, econometrics, business administration or a quantitative field
- Experience in quantitative methods, multivariate statistics, predictive modeling and other analytics frameworks/techniques with 6+ years of experience delivering complex analytical projects
- Experience in building, deploying, and optimizing machine learning models (e.g. Next Best Action recommendation engine) to optimize customer experience and omnichannel engagement against desired objective function(s)
- Expertise in setting up A/B testing, cohort studies, and matched, case-control studies
- Ability to collaborate with various partners to translate business requirements into analytical plan and communicate complex ideas/solutions to influence practical decision making
- Ability to take ownership of projects independently
- Relevant data science certifications
- Good to have Bio/Pharmaceutical industry experience
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences
- 4 + years of professional experience in Amazon Web Services RedShift, S3, Athena, etc. and industry standard Data Warehousing technologies Snowflake, Spark, Airflow, etc.
- Advanced proficiency and hands on coding experience in Python/R/Scala/Java or any other Object-Oriented Programming language; ETL using SQL/shell scripting
- Understanding of tagging, Google Analytics, CRM, Content Management Systems, and other aspects of a Digital Marketing Ecosystem.
- Oral, written and presentation skills to explain complex concepts and controversial findings clearly to a variety of audiences, including senior management
- Understanding of technology platforms and ability to partner with IS/IT and business leaders
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.