HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Accounting Manager Live
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world! In this vital role you will serve as an Accounting Manager on our Global Accounting team to support the Research and Development functional area. This role will be housed in Tampa, FL or Thousand Oaks, CA.
Our Global Accounting team is made up of a diverse and highly skilled group of professionals who are passionate about Amgens mission of serving patients. Teams are in North America, South America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. We also have accounting operations supported by our external business partner in India.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Analysis and Interpretation Accounting and Financial Reports
- Interpret transactions carried out or proposed by the business to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, including performing research and partnering with Technical Accounting to develop guidance
- Handle the Clinical Trials accruals process and reporting
- Analyze financial results and provide explanations to management for the movements of Balance Sheet, income statements, and Cash Flow statements.
- Draft footnote disclosures and prepare detailed support for external reporting deliverables (10Q/10K).
- Business Partnering with Research & Development
- Work with Finance and Operational teams in performing accounting tasks and monitoring the successful execution of Month End close activities, including but not limited to review of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Manage relationships within Finance (Financial Planning, Tax, Purchase to Pay, Treasury, Global Strategic Sourcing).
- Provide support for initiatives or projects by providing accounting guidance and identifying risks to internal controls.
- Internal Controls and Compliance Process support
- Support the documentation and test of controls in support of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Certification and other control verification processes. Draft deficiency reports as applicable and drive implementation of remediation actions.
- Support Internal/External/Tax audits by timely providing backup, explaining transactions, and answering inquiries, as applicable.
- Understand and interpret Policies and Procedures to provide guidance to stakeholders on proper application of controls.
- Process Improvement, Automation and Project Management
- Collaborate with process stakeholders to proactively determine and implement continuous improvement opportunities that will enable an efficient and effective accounting close process.
- Engage in gaining knowledge and deploying Automation and Reporting solutions (e.g. UiPath, Automation Anywhere, Anaplan, Tableau, Alteryx, MS Teams, Smartsheet, Docusign) to reduce transactional work in favor of strategy and analysis.
- Manage special projects for which Global Accounting representation is required, including company expansion, business acquisitions and divestitures, and financial system implementations.
- Vendor Services Management
- Partner closely with our External Services vendor (offshore) supporting accounting operations to complete close activities and deliver quality services to Amgen.
- Engage in regular governance meetings to discuss status of activities, projects, and issue resolution. Monitor Service Level Metrics and manage expectations and deliverables.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The accounting professional we seek is a dynamic worker with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree in a relevant field, OR
- Masters degree and 2 years of progressive accounting experience, OR
- Bachelors degree and 4 years of progressive accounting experience, OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of progressive accounting experience, OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of progressive accounting experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance or Accounting; Masters in Business Administration (MBA), and/or, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- 5 + Years of progressive experience in accounting, audit, or financial reporting management
- Comprehensive accounting knowledge on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial reporting
- Strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills and the ability to bridge cultural differences
- Interest and/or knowledge of automation initiatives
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills; project management experience and/or training a plus
- Can successfully work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to juggle contending priorities, multi-task, and stay organized
- Leadership skills are a plus
- Proficient in usage of Microsoft Office Applications; advanced excel expertise required
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
Apply now for a career that defies imagination
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.\careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.