HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge youre working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience needed to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
We are seeking hard working individuals to join the Pilot Plant Network as Undergrad University Co-ops. This invaluable co-op provides an understanding of the biopharmaceutical industry today, as well as the challenges and opportunities that will drive the development of new medicines in the future. This co-op will be approximately 26 weeks that includes both project- based and experiential learning. Amgen provides a state-of-the-art workspace and promotes collaboration with senior leadership through a series of formal and informal events. Co-ops will be encouraged to spend time participating in activities and networking with staff across the organization.
As an undergrad co-op you will apply coursework concepts to real-world situations working alongside and guided by industry professionals while gaining valuable experience working for a world-class global biomanufacturing company. You will become part of the Pilot Plant Network - Amgens Center of Excellence for advancing new technologies - and will be mentored by senior staff members.Live
This could be your everyday
Lets do this. Lets change the world. During this 6-month program, you will have the opportunity to work closely with a multi-disciplinary team in our state-of-the-art Mammalian Cell Culture and Purification Pilot Plants. Some of the projects you may find yourself working on include:
- Refining continuous biomanufacturing processes
- Developing and integrating process analytical technologies for process control
- New technology development for small-scale and large-scale bioreactors, harvest methods, and protein purification
- Developing and deploying new digital capabilities including methods for real-time data collection and visualization utilizing cloud-based architecture
- Characterization of new and existing assets, identifying boundary limits and critical parameters
- Validation of steam-in-place and clean-in-place cycles on large-scale stainless-steel bioreactors
- Advance real-time in-situ particle size analysis to establish the ability to measure particles as they naturally exist in processes to dramatically improve the understanding, optimization and control of dispersed systems (suspensions and solutions)
- Opportunities for developing automation strategies for cell culture and purification equipment being applied to Amgens next generation manufacturing platforms
Heres what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The kind of individuals we seek are hands-on self-starters with these qualifications:
- 18 years or older
- Currently enrolled in a full time Bachelors Degree program from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Completion of one year of study from an accredited college or university prior to the internship commencing
- Enrolled in a full time Bachelors or Combined Bachelor's/Master's degree program following the potential internship or co-op assignment at an accredited college or university
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Previous Co-op or Internship experience
- Junior or Senior
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional youre inspired to be through accepting culture that values diversity of thought and experience and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com Please search for Keyword 137433
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.