Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
Sr. Project Manager in the Infectious Diseases Therapeutic Area, R&D will work closely with the product development technical lead(s) and product development team(s) to proactively manage complex cross-functional drugs, biologics or vaccine development programs. This position requires collaboration with functional managers, senior management, subcontractors, and external/government/NGO funding agencies to ensure successful completion of project(s). The Senior Project Manager is accountable for maintaining project budget, timelines, and meeting key requirements and milestones.
I. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• In support of the Product Development Team Leader, provide overall leadership in the management of the team and program including subcontractor management.
• Execute on project strategy, priorities and milestones ensuring visibility and accountability.
• Engage and negotiate with team members and other functional area representatives to pro-actively identify and resolve risks, facilitate constructive decision-oriented meetings, and resolve impediments to progress. Facilitate discussion and provide guidance/direction on critical project issues.
• Proactively take charge to help the team resolve unanticipated project issues in a measured way, especially in coordinating different functional areas, resources, and timelines. Maintain a risk log.
• Collaborate with Product Development Team to generate and maintain Integrated Project Development Plan and timelines.
• Collaborate with Government MCM Business and/or Commercial Business Product Team Leader and Product Team to ensure that Product Development Team supports enterprise business needs.
• Develop, defend, and maintain project budgets, in collaboration with the Product Development Team, Earned Value Management, finance and accounting support.
• Serve as liaison (along with Product Development Team Leader) to external funding partners and subcontractors, when applicable.
• Regularly interact with management to provide key project updates.
• Complete Emergent and US Government weekly, monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reporting requirements, when applicable
• Apply project management best practices throughout the development process: initiation, planning, execution, control, and close.
• May serve as project manager on external/government/NGO proposals for new work.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• Excellent interpersonal skills including negotiating, influencing, and active listening.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills.
• Superior problem-solving skills.
• Experience in biologics, vaccine or drug development; experience managing programs funded under government or NGO grants and/or contracts is a plus.
• Direct experience managing drug, biologics or vaccine projects or subteams through early development, late-stage development (including CMC, non-clinical and clinical), and/or life cycle management of marketed products.
• Knowledge of phase-appropriate approaches to development, manufacturing, testing, quality, and reporting requirements is desired.
• 6 or more years of project management or relevant experience in pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, or biotech industry.
• BS degree in life sciences required. Advanced degree in life sciences preferred.
• Fluent with regularly used software applications: MS Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project) and SharePoint/MS Teams.
• Familiarity with Earned Value Management.
Successful applicants for this position that are required to be onsite at any Emergent site at any time, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to legally required exemptions.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.