We have a full time Industrial Sales Manager position open. This position is remote, but it would be ideal to reside in the central or western USA area. We hold every member of our team to a high standard of excellence – because everyone on our team makes an impact on our success and contributes to our ability to thrive in the rapidly changing environment.
We are looking for a motivated person who is eager to learn and grow as a member of our team – someone who will contribute to the sales plan and goals to ensure achievement of Company goals and profitability within geographic area of responsibility. This position is responsible for sales in multiple industries including pharmaceutical, food quality, water and environment, education, medical device, cannabis, personal care and cosmetic. Establish distribution or direct sales accounts and provide ongoing sales support, product knowledge, product training, marketing tools, promotional incentives and continued feedback to help distribution channels meet their goals and maintain compliance with regulatory mandates, adherence to national and international guidelines and standards, and superior customer service.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Develop and execute a business plan and sales strategy by market that ensures attainment of company revenue and profitability goals in your specific territory.
- Become an industrial product knowledge expert in terms of functionality and application.
- Identify prospective customers, lead generation and conversion.
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss needs.
- Maintain open communication with distributors.
- Provide timely feedback and analysis regarding products, sales and markets to the National Sales Manager.
- Provide timely feedback regarding competition and pricing.
- Manage expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Create and conduct company and product presentations.
- Develop, manage, and build working relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and serve on key industry and regulatory committees and working groups.
- Responsible for key account sales of custom manufacturing opportunities to retail customers.
- Regularly attend trade shows and events.
- Maintain Salesforce database of contacts, accounts and opportunities.
- Prepare monthly sales activity report.
- Travel 35 - 50% of the time.
Who is Microbiologics?
Microbiologics is one of the fastest growing international biotechnology companies in the nation. We are the world’s leading experts and go-to collaborators in biological products and services, focused on protecting the health and safety of people around the world. For over 50 years, we have been partnering with healthcare and life science laboratories, manufacturers, and suppliers across the globe to co-create and provide biological control materials, assay services and consulting for microbiology, molecular diagnostics, and virology. Headquartered in Saint Cloud, Minnesota, we have additional facilities in California, Kentucky, and Michigan.
Our award-winning culture is friendly, collaborative, and supportive, providing endless opportunities for individuals to learn and grow, both personally and professionally. At Microbiologics, we believe that "great vision without great people is irrelevant." That's why we are always looking for great people to join our dynamic, innovative company as we provide the highest quality biomaterials for a safer, healthier world.
What can we offer you?
Glad you asked!
We have a comprehensive benefits package that includes your standard benefits such as health and dental insurance, health savings account (company funded), life insurance, short and long-term disability, and a 401k program with a generous match to name a few. In addition, we are proud to support our team and their families by offering daycare assistance, tuition reimbursement, bonus potential, a competitive compensation and benefits package, and plenty of opportunities for training and growth.
Where is this position located?
This is a remote position, with the ideal candidate located in the Midwest, Upper Midwest, or Great Lakes, or Western area.
What makes you a good fit?
Our goal is finding the right individual for our team – we firmly believe that the right person is someone to invest in and invite to join our family.
Here is what we are looking for:
- Experience calling on industrial quality control laboratories
- Knowledge and understanding of the markets served is preferred.
- Minimum three years previous sales or microbiology laboratory experience required.
- The ability to work remotely and travel regularly (35 - 50% of the time) for work.
- The ability to pass a background check and drug screening.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination will be required upon hire.