Founded in 2014 and based in Rockville, MD, NeoImmuneTech (NIT) is a clinical-stage T cell-focused biotech company dedicated to the discovery and development of novel immuno-therapeutics. At NIT, we strive to expand the therapeutic horizon in Immuno-Oncology and Infectious Diseases by greatly reducing the fatality and morbidity of life-threatening and debilitating diseases. Led by our scientific founder, who invented our lead asset NT-I7 (efineptakin alfa), we are science driven and patient focused. We believe that with NT-I7, the only clinical stage IL-7, we can enhance the body’s immune function to address key resistance mechanisms in Immuno-Oncology and deadly infectious diseases. We have a profound belief, rooted in our science, that we have the power to transform patient care with unique assets like NT-I7, and are committed to the pursuit of discovering their full potential in treating various diseases.
- Remote and hybrid work opportunities
- Competitive pay
- Annual promotion opportunities
- 401(k) + company matching - 100% vests immediately!
- Free medical insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Free life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Free lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Internet reimbursement
The Clinical Division (CD) at NeoImmuneTech (NIT) is seeking a Scientist (Quantitative Biology) to join its growing team at its Rockville, Maryland office. This Scientist will contribute to advancing NIT’s projects for biomarker discovery using Next Generation Sequencing platforms. This Scientist will be responsible for implementing algorithms and appropriate computational methods for analyzing data sets and will work closely with the biomarker and immunology team to advance hypothesis-driven discovery research.
- Develops and maintains bioinformatics pipelines (including quality control, data processing, analysis, and visualization) for various high-dimensional -omics platforms
- Assists in data analysis, modeling, visualization, and interpretation of clinical and experimental data
- Performs integrative gene expression analyses using NGS data sets in close collaboration with NIT’s multi-disciplinary team and external partners
- Actively engages in developing data analytical strategies across generated datasets
- Provides cross-functional support across different departments at NIT for all statistical and analytical needs
- Maintains current knowledge of advances in pertinent fields
- Assists in data management and organization
- Assists in preparation of presentations at scientific meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in Bioinformatics or Biostatistics with 4+ years of relevant work experience OR a PhD (Immunology with bioinformatics desirable) in a related field with 0-2+ years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience analyzing large data sets in the field of immunology/oncology/immuno-oncology or a related field
- Experience working with high-dimensional data (whole exome/genome, transcriptome, single cell RNA sequencing, etc.)
- Extensive programming experience with R, Python, or similar languages
- Experience developing analytical tools is a plus
- Familiar with the statistical methods and reasoning involved in NGS data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and work independently to overcome obstacles
- Agile project and time management skills with effective written and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively and work efficiently in a goal-oriented manner adhering to timelines with people at all levels in the organization
- Clinical or pre-clinical research experience and basic understanding of FDA/industry regulatory requirements for biologics approval is a plus
- Commitment to high quality of work and level of productivity
NeoImmuneTech, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you require assistance to complete a job application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.