Graphite Bio is a clinical-stage, next-generation gene editing company harnessing high efficiency targeted gene integration to develop a new class of therapies to potentially cure a wide range of serious and life-threatening diseases. Graphite Bio is pioneering a precision gene editing approach that could enable a variety of applications to transform human health through its potential to achieve one of medicine’s most elusive goals: to precisely “find & replace” any gene in the genome. Graphite Bio’s platform allows it to precisely correct mutations, replace entire disease-causing genes with normal genes or insert new genes into predetermined, safe locations. The company was co-founded by academic pioneers in the fields of gene editing and gene therapy, including Maria Grazia Roncarolo, M.D., and Matthew Porteus, M.D., Ph.D.
Learn more about Graphite Bio by visiting www.graphitebio.com and following the company on LinkedIn.
We are seeking a highly motivated PhD level Scientist (or equivalent) to join the Stem Cell Hub, a central team supporting Research and Process Development at Graphite Bio. The candidate will be part of a high-functioning Stem Cell Hub that collaborates to develop cell-based assays for better understanding and utilization of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells (HSPCs) for therapeutic gene editing and engraftment in vivo. Working at the bench, the Scientist, Stem Cell Biology will perform HSPC workflows and strive to identify improved processes for HSPC-based therapeutics at Graphite Bio.
What You Will Do:
- Perform isolation, culturing, and phenotypic characterization of primary HSPCs for all cellular workflows, including pre- and post-gene editing
- Collaborate and perform experiments that advance knowledge of HSPC biology, gene editing, and engraftment approaches
- Encourage best practices for stem cell workflows, including assisting in the preparation of SOPs and providing hands-on training of team members
What You Will Bring:
- PhD degree and 3+ years of hematopoietic stem cell research experience or equivalent
- In-depth, hands-on experience with primary HSPC culture and characterization
- Experience with developing and performing cell-based assays for cell characterization and quality control assays
- Experience with multicolor flow cytometry and data analysis
- Experience in molecular biology techniques (DNA and RNA extractions, PCR, ddPCR)
- Experience with gene editing technology, viral transduction, and gene therapy is a plus
- Ability to take initiative to improve workflows and develop new scientific methodologies to enhance Graphite Bio’s mission
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal, and scientific writing skills
- Comfortable working in a Stem Cell Core that supports various teams and projects
- Comfortable working in a dynamic research and development environment, as well as collaborating with peers on multiple projects
- Proven ability to positively impact company culture and demonstrate flexibility in a fast-paced environment
What Graphite Will Bring:
At Graphite Bio, we are intentionally building a community that is inspired, diverse, and curious. For this role, and all roles, we seek someone who is:
- Determined. You share our mission to bring curative gene editing to patients. And you know the need is urgent.
- People-focused. You prioritize relationships. You value differences and are an excellent listener.
- Adaptable. You seek solutions, even when things change. You prefer to find your way to “yes!”
Graphite Bio is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that our strength is in our differences. Our goal to build a diverse and inclusive team began on day one, and it will never end.
All company employees, regardless of work location, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received all recommended doses in their primary series COVID-19 vaccine. Requests for an accommodation/exemption for medical or religious reasons, as well as under applicable state law, will be considered on a case-by-case basis consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies
: Graphite Bio does not accept agency resumes or applications. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, or Graphite Bio employees. Graphite Bio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes or applications.