The Research and Development Strategic Resourcing Team works side-by-side with the AbbVie executive team on many of the most pressing issues facing the organization to drive implementation of transformational efforts across our pipeline. Guidance from this team will have a direct impact on the future success of AbbVie.
As an Associate Director of R&D Strategic Resourcing, you will partner with leaders across AbbVie and be a high performing team member responsible for supporting major initiatives including implementation of new R&D operating models and capabilities. The Transformation Team will provide high profile and high impact development experiences for team members. Achieving these goals requires a combination of excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, broad strategic thinking, and an ability to synthesize inputs and drive alignment in complex situations.=
- Support development of high-profile strategic initiatives within the R&D organization ranging from novel R&D operating models to acceleration of clinical trials to bring innovative medicines to patients.
- Translate strategic vision into action by effectively managing implementation of individual modules within complex, cross-functional initiatives, including driving the problem-solving process and supporting research and analytics, and distilling pragmatic recommendations for management consideration
- Partner with VP and executive level stakeholders, acting as a thought-partner on key business decisions that impact the current and future state of AbbVie.
- Bring together strategic, operational, and evidence-based support to lead and create opportunities for sustained ops excellence across functional areas.
- Bring rigorous conceptual and analytical thinking to answer key R&D questions for AbbVie leveraging internal and external intelligence and resources as required.
- Bachelors or equivalent degree required. Advanced degree (PharmD, PhD, MD, MBA) highly preferred.
- Minimum of 4+ with Bachelors, 3+ with Masters and 2+ with PhD years of experience in a competitive, fast paced environment such as management consulting, pharmaceutical R&D, and/or manufacturing.
- Experience managing large projects within a complex matrixed organization as a consultant to a pharmaceutical organization, either as an external consultant or an internal cross-functional lead.
- Demonstrated ability to present data and metrics to executive leadership teams that will lead to better business outcomes.
- Recognized team player with proven facilitative leadership skills in a cross-functional global team environment. Proven performance in a matrix environment with ability to influence and align stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to interact externally and internally to support business strategy.