Inotiv, Inc. is a contract research organization that provides pre-clinical refs supporting our clients’ discovery and development objectives for improved decision-making and accelerated goal attainment. Inotiv Colorado provides a variety of specialized services including histology, pathology, IHC, brightfield imaging and analysis projects. Our In vivo services specialize in models of inflammation, fibrosis and autoimmune conditions with specific focus on the circulatory, renal, immune, digestive and nervous systems. We have three sites, two located directly in the Boulder Foothills, and one in Westminster, CO, between Denver and Boulder. Our team of leading scientists are driving business to be the best-in-class partners to our vendors.
Our team in Boulder, CO is seeking a fulltime histotechnician. The Histotechnician is responsible for conducting a variety of histology procedures on numerous types of non-clinical samples. As a key part of a high-volume lab, independent decision making, attention to detail, and strong team coordination and communication are critical to achieving success for the Histology Department, and company.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform histology methods on varied non-clinical samples: trimming, processing, embedding, sectioning, routine and special staining, printing slides, melting blocks, and other tasks associated to lab function.
- Ensure proper functioning, maintenance, and cleanliness of all laboratory equipment and work areas, including proper documentation.
- Exercise independent decision making under the guidance and supervision of the Histology Manager and Histology Director.
- Follow internal documentation and quality control steps and maintain accurate documentation for all projects.
- Operate efficiently under all Standard Operating Procedures, GLP requirements, and safety requirements.
- Ensure all chemicals and samples are stored in appropriate conditions, are not expired, and are properly disposed of or recycled.
- Continually look for new and more efficient ways of performing tasks to improve the capabilities and capacity of the Histology Department.
- Encourages other lab personnel towards professional growth and is willing to share knowledge through mentoring and training.
Education and Experience:
- One year of histology experience or HT Certification is recommended, but not required
- Familiarity with lab equipment and maintenance
- Chemical handling and safety training
Skills and Abilities:
What we offer:
- Ability to perform fast and accurate results
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong professional communication skills
- Positive team-oriented attitude
- Independent decision-making and problem-solving skills
- The minimum hourly rate is $26
- This is a fulltime, nonexempt position
- Our benefits package will include health/dental/vision insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k Retirement Plan with employer matching, stock options, paid holidays,
At Inotiv our team members come together in support of an organization focused on delivering the experience, knowledge, and responsiveness demanded from an industry striving to bring new cures to market more safely and faster than ever before. Come join our team! Apply at Inotivco.com.
Inotiv is an equal opportunity and E-verify employer.