To support our Santen 2030 strategy, we are building an international, motivated and entrepreneurial Executive Leadership Team, passionate about creating social and economic impact. Our new Executive Leadership Team will strengthen our global presence and core business, our profitability and drive advancements that translate research and new products into commercial adoption and outcomes.
The Head of U.S. will be responsible for the overall strategy and oversight of P&L for the U.S. businesses which includes Santen Inc., and legacy acquisitions of AVS, InnFocus and Eyevance. This role will drive overall business results and foster key relationships to cultivate brand trust and increase the presence of Santen within the U.S. market. As Head of U.S., you will enhance capabilities within the organization to increase our value offerings to our customers and society.
Core responsibilities and priorities will include the following:
- Planning and execution of medium to long-term business strategies, including the development and lead on organic and in-organic growth strategies and GTM strategies.
- Drive continuous innovation, leading to the optimization and expansion of the North America business.
- Drive commercial excellence with a focus on sales force effectiveness, NPI, marketing and other key strategic projects.
- In partnership with Finance, setting Key Performance Indicators that are measurable and reportable to demonstrate financial performance aligned to Santen organization goals.
- Establish and structure close cooperation with strategic partners, KOLs and key decision makers.
- Be the voice of customer, understand the value of Santen solution offerings in meeting customer market demands and advocate for high customer satisfaction and experience.
- Provide leadership to support the success of not only your direct reports but the success of all employees within the Product Supply organization to achieve their goals.
- Provide leadership to foster a culture of high integrity, collaboration, strong ethical behavior, accountability, and customer-oriented thinking.
- Lead development and improvement initiatives related to systems, processes, and management practices
- Strengthening compliance management to ensure the sound and sustainable development of the organization.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:Breadth and Depth of Expertise
- 15+ years with successful track record leading commercial strategy and execution in fast- paced successful and innovative Ophthalmology or Life Science organizations.
- An extensive commercial background in marketing, direct sales, sales and channel management and market access.
- Prior ophthalmology/eyecare therapeutic area experience.
- Thorough understanding of regulatory, market & payer dynamics in the U.S.
- Familiar with up-to-date U.S. healthcare reform legislation, industry trends, healthcare business practices.
- Experience identifying opportunities for innovation where the need was not obvious, driving continuous improvement and identifying new market opportunities.
- Senior leadership experience and strong industry network within North America Region.
- Strong risk management - anticipates risks, deeply understands regulatory and compliance obligations and leading contingency planning.
- A transformational and influential leader, highly experienced engaging the community and leading change through collaboration.
- Strong judgement, problem solving and analytical skills - known for creative and insightful thinking.
- A proven improver – has built a career identifying opportunities, developing strategies and implementing innovative solutions.
- An excellent communicator who inspires and motivates others.
- Inclusive leadership – values diversity, acts inclusively and puts people at the heart of everything they do.
- Mission driven – a strong personal connection and sense of purpose and vision - driven to do the right thing.
For more information about our company and the work experience, please visit www.santenusa.com.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Santen requires anyone working on-site or visiting company offices to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is timely requested and approved. Please reach out if you have questions or concerns about this policy and how it may apply to your candidacy for a role with Santen.