Scorpion Therapeutics is a precision oncology company founded in February 2020 by a preeminent group of scientists from Harvard University/Massachusetts General Hospital – Keith Flaherty, MD, Gaddy Getz, Ph.D. and Liron Bar-Peled, Ph.D. The company has raised $270M in Series A and Series B financings led by blue-chip investors, including Atlas Venture, Boxer Capital of Tavistock Group, EcoR1 Capital, LLC, Omega Funds, and Vida Venture.
Scorpion Therapeutics’ mission is to serve oncology patients by discovering and developing best-in-class and first-in-class, small molecule cancer medicines that address large patient segments with significant unmet medical needs. To accomplish this mission, we are building a highly collaborative team focused on the pursuit of novel approaches to small molecule drug discovery. This approach relies upon dynamic collaboration between cancer biology, proteomics, informatics, structural biology and medicinal chemistry – with the ultimate goal of realizing the full potential of targeted/precision oncology.
As the Principal People & Culture Partner, you will be a trusted advisor and business partner to the company’s senior leaders, functioning as the expert on people and organizational issues and providing guidance on managing complex and sometimes sensitive employee relations matters. You will contribute to driving critical results during an exciting time of business transformation. This role will be instrumental in shaping our culture, supporting our business strategies and developing the talent pipeline necessary to make a significant impact on Scorpion Therapeutics’ ability to develop the next generation of cancer therapeutics. You will utilize HR best practices to lead, develop, deliver and support programs that establish Scorpion Therapeutics as a top desired employer.
- Build upon the existing People function and create a "best practices" People & Culture organization
- Lead Strategic Workforce Planning that includes identifying people and organizational implications of the business strategy, identifying key talent and driving accelerated development and succession plans
- Plan, develop and implement initiatives and programs in leadership & employee development, compensation, benefits, training and development to ensure client’s needs are understood and met by corporate- wide programs
- Provide counsel to the Scorpion Leadership Teams on the full scope of people practices. Be able to engage in meaningful discussions about the R&D, financial and operational aspects of the business
- A trusted advisor/thoughtful sounding board and business partner to the company’s senior leaders, functioning as the expert on people and organizational issues and providing guidance on managing complex and sometimes sensitive employee relations matters
- Drive and support an open and inclusive culture that embraces individual difference.
- Operate as a strategic partner to the business, developing People strategies, needs assessments and resulting People solutions
- Partner with leaders to model and foster an environment where every employee is engaged and inspired to contribute their best
- Ensure the effective delivery of all People programs and practices.
- Assist with the design and delivery of programs and initiatives to attract, retain and promote a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Coach senior leaders on complex leadership and People issues including development, engagement, and talent performance
- Ensure alignment with culture and strategic initiatives across their multi-location employee organization.
- Partner with the leaders and employees to foster a unified culture that inspires excellent performance and strong employee engagement
- Establish, build and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred
- 10-12 years of progressive experience in all aspects of People Practices, Culture and Employee Experience
- Experience developing and implementing People & Culture strategies with broad, corporate-wide impact
- Ability to develop positive, professional relationships with senior leadership, employees and peers in a fast-moving start-up environment
- Experience developing strategic workforce plans, from conception to implementation
- Expertise in talent management, succession planning, and career growth and development
- Knowledge of HR regulations and standards affecting the business
- Understanding of and significant expertise with organizational effectiveness, leadership development, employee relations, data and analytics and diversity and inclusion
- Skilled at data analytics and ability to navigate multiple data sources and metrics to create and drive aligned business solutions
- Highly skilled at building strong, credible partnerships with senior leaders, people managers and employees across the organization
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills, and attention to detail
- Able to work independently, take initiative, maintain relationships and be able to work effectively and collaboratively with all levels within the organization.
- Capable of leading and managing across a wide variety of business areas
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, act with a high level of tact, diplomacy, discretion and emotional intelligence
- Strong project management skills with ability to execute on short- and long-term deliverables
- Executive presence; experience in facilitation and presentation with key partners and leaders
- A strategic problem solver, who uses data and analytics to inform decision making and leadership coaching
- High business acumen and deep industry knowledge
Scorpion Therapeutics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to create and maintain a diverse working environment. We do not discriminate for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Beginning October 13, 2021, Scorpion Therapeutics requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.