This individual will assist with the preparation of quarterly SEC financial statements (Form 10-Q's and Form 10-K's). Ensures the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data in accordance with GAAP. Manages the activities of certain general accounting functions as well as assists with preparation of journal entries and schedules related to revenue, stock-based compensation, leases, cash and investments. Creates and interprets reports and records for management. Supports management in the preparation of management reporting and financial analysis. Develops, implements, and maintains internal control systems, procedures and policies.
- Assists with the preparation of quarterly SEC financial statements (Form 10-Q's and Form 10-K's) and related XBRL files in accordance with GAAP and SEC disclosure requirements.
- Assists with month-end and quarter-end close.
- Assists with preparation of journal entries and schedules for revenue, stock-based compensation, leases, cash and investments.
- Ensures the accuracy of financial and management reporting by independently completing trend analyses and reconciliation of balance sheet balances with transaction ledgers.
- Responsible for preparation and review of general journal entries and analyses for certain financial statement accounts.
- Reviews the accuracy of financial reports by analyzing variances between actuals and plan for significant and unusual activity.
- Supports maintenance of the organization of accounts, departments and projects within the accounting systems to support all requested reporting.
- Develops and maintains reports to support financial and management reporting and other financial analysis.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of SOX and related internal control expectations and responsible for maintaining related policies and procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring internal controls to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting and recommends corrective actions.
- Supports any computer system enhancements and implementations that might impact financial and management reporting.
- Performs other special projects related to analysis and activities requested by management, including supporting budgeting and forecasting activities.
A minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in a Finance or Business discipline is required. A CPA, MBA or other advanced degree is preferred. Equivalent experience may be accepted. A minimum of 8 years previous accounting experience, preferably in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry is required. Previous corporate accounting experience is required and SEC reporting experience, including XBRL filings, is highly preferred. A minimum of 4 years’ experience in public accounting is highly preferred. A minimum of 3 years’ experience at a publicly traded company is highly preferred. Must be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of GAAP and SOX requirements. Must be able to demonstrate a high attention to detail with an ability to independently prioritize and organize work assignments. Must possess excellent computer and analytical skills with proficiency in Excel and Word. Good communication skills both oral and written are required. Previous experience with JDE ERP and Business Objects reporting software are highly desired. Must be able to review and understand significant agreements as they pertain to the accounting group.