IDEAYA Biosciences (NASDAQ: IDYA) is a public, clinical-stage synthetic lethality-focused precision medicine oncology company committed to the discovery and development of targeted therapeutics for patient populations selected using DNA sequencing and other molecular diagnostics. Our approach integrates extensive capabilities in identifying and validating translational biomarkers with small molecule drug discovery to select patient populations most likely to benefit from the therapies we are developing. We are applying these capabilities across multiple classes of precision medicine, including direct targeting of oncogenic pathways and synthetic lethality – which represents an emerging class of precision medicine targets. We believe this diversified approach will enable us to deliver the right medicine to the right patient to drive a more robust clinical response.
IDEAYA has an industry leading platform and pipeline in Synthetic Lethality. IDEAYA has established strategic collaborations with Amgen and Pfizer supporting its pipeline programs, and also has wholly-owned or controlled clinical and preclinical programs. For more information, please see www.ideayabio.com
We are seeking a highly-motivated, well-organized and laboratory-focused Research or Senior Research Associate (RA/SRA) that will play a key role in supporting project needs for Translational Research in an oncology small molecule development team. The successful candidate will work in a multidisciplinary team and contribute to the generation of novel therapeutics for the treatment of cancer. Position level will commensurate with experience.
What you'll do:
- Perform experiments and analysis of datasets to identify pharmacodynamic, prognostic and predictive biomarkers
- Conducting cutting edge laboratory research and be able to analyze and critically interpret scientific data and present findings on regular basis
- Design research experiments with general supervision and work independently to execute experiments
- Analyze and interpret scientific results with general supervision
- BS or MS degree in cell/molecular biology or Oncology
- At least 1 year relevant hands-on experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry is preferred
- Expertise in mammalian tissue culture and cell-based assays to evaluate viability, protein production (western blot), gene expression analysis (qRT-PCR) and other functional/molecular biology assays
- Efficient time management and the ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills and effectively communicate with multiple research teams
- Has the ability to work independently and adapt to shifting priorities and timelines
- Attention to detail and enthusiasm for integrating basic science learnings with drug discovery efforts
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position requires you to work onsite at the Company’s facilities, with partial work-from-home flexibility, and the Company requires that all employees working in its facilities be fully vaccinated (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.
When you're at IDEAYA, you will be in the midst of brilliant minds working on precision medicine therapies to help cancer patients. We are passionate and committed about being on the forefront of oncology medicine, which means we all have a high internal drive that is at the very core of every person at IDEAYA. We are inquisitive, ask deep questions, and are data-driven innovators who like to collaborate and use team work to move science forward.
IDEAYA is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, IDEAYA does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets.California Job Applicant Privacy Notice