The Velocigene group is looking for a Temporary Animal Care Technician to join their large team. Under direct supervision, this employee will assist with routine husbandry care and maintenance of animals, including but not limited to feeding, watering, cage changing, and health checking of animals in the vivarium as well as maintenance of the facility.
In this role, a typical day might include the following:
- Apply technical knowledge to perform daily observations to check animals health status; report changes in environment and/or animals
- Environmental monitoring with associated documentation
- Changing and cleaning cages, equipment, water bottles, and food
- Unpacking and housing animals upon arrival
- Janitorial maintenance of facility rooms and stocking of supplies
- Responsible for preventative maintenance of animal facility equipment and supplies
- Preforms monthly sanitization of equipment and the facility
- Maintains accurate records of animals, supplies, and equipment; restocking supplies as needed
This job may be for you if:
- You have an interest in science.
- You thrive working on a team and can coordinate with others.
- You have a strong attention to detail.
- You are comfortable asking questions and providing feedback.
To be considered for this role, you must have a High School Diploma or equivalent technical certificate. Pursuit of Purina and/or AALAS certification at the ALAT level is desired. (required after first year of employment) A minimum of one year experience in animal care is helpful for this position
This position requires employees to work closely with animals. Some noises may be associated with this position. The ability to lift 30 pounds required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is deemed essential personnel. Weekend and Holiday work is required.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.