Reporting to a Senior Director, Strategy & Consulting in either: (1. Oncology & Inflammation and Immunology | 2. Vaccines & Hospital Business Unit | 3. Emerging Markets | 4. Internal Medicine & Rare Disease | 5. Corporate & Global Product Development) this role is responsible for working primarily with the respective business units to shape, develop, and enable execution of strategies that will advance and grow the business. They will also have the opportunity to gain broader exposure and experience across other verticals in Strategy & Consulting based on business needs and to advance their professional development. While this position reports into the Strategy & Consulting team organizationally, this person will stay connected to key business challenges and opportunities as articulated by the Triad Leadership Teams, and ensure that there is alignment with strategic priorities, or make adjustments to priorities when necessary. The scope of the role will focus on three key accountabilities: 1) contribute to the development of the BU strategic plan and corresponding strategies, ensuring a consistent structure to the plans done across Pfizer, 2) lead significant portions of projects related to key strategic issues, and 3) provide insight into impact of market signals that could impact business performance or strategic direction.
- Interact with BU leaders and/or corporate functions to develop business strategies at a global, and where appropriate, a regional level. Identify key strategic imperatives and capabilities required to achieve these imperatives.
- Contribute to the completion of an annual strategic plan, as well as a strategy action plan that manages the execution of the strategies.
- Lead several workstreams in a portfolio of projects that provide insight and direction for key strategic levers such as market development, customer needs assessment, competitive advantage, market and/or product prioritization.
- Provide perspective on the potential impact of external market signals that could impact future business performance.
- Develop expertise in market dynamics in order to identify market trends and appropriately assess opportunities and guide strategic direction.
- Understand the priorities of the triads and/or corporate functional leads to understand business needs and represent current status of opportunity evaluations.
- Develop external relationships that provide perspective of the diverse eco-system outside of Pfizer as it relates to the areas of the business you support.
- Actively participate in the Strategy & Consulting team, supporting Pfizer strategy through the perspective and experience of the organizations you support.
- Direct small project and cross-functional teams of colleagues with varying levels of experience, coaching and developing them to build capability and performance.
- Create an engaging and productive work environment where team members are encouraged to collaborate and excel.
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant healthcare experience required, including experience working in or with commercial functions involving strategy development and/or strategic initiatives (e.g., marketing, commercial development, market access & pricing, etc.)
- 2+ years of biopharmaceutical consulting experience strongly preferred
- Understands trends and market dynamics in US and Global healthcare and biopharmaceuticals, aware of competitor strategies, and understands the drug development process.
- Demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders without direct authority (Category Presidents, department leaders, and functional counterparts). Must be able to influence executive commercial and research & development leaders.
- Demonstrated strong strategic thinking skills, as evidenced by the ability to tee up the right questions, identify alternative scenarios, articulate resulting implications, and develop recommendations for decision-making or action.
- Ability to understand and translate market and competitive dynamics into strategic implications for the BUs.
- Demonstrated project leadership, managing workstreams and small teams of cross-functional colleagues with varying backgrounds and skillsets.
- Basic understanding of finance and P&L implications of any strategy
- Ability to work with complex information and distill into a framework that helps facilitate decision making.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization and lead with indirect authority.
- Excellent presentation skills sufficient to address Global BU Leadership, and external audiences.
- Strong command of English language, spoken and written.
- BA/BS – required, life sciences degree helpful. Advanced degree in a related field is a plus.
Other Job Details:
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Bus Dev & Strategic Planning