Working in close collaboration with laboratory scientists, the Senior Associate, Digital Laboratory Solutions role will support all Digital technology in the laboratory space including PCs and specialized equipment.
The position will also be responsible for participating in laboratory-focused projects such as deployments and upgrades of enterprise and instrumentation-specific software, installation and configuration of servers and databases, etc.
This role will work in close partnership with peers across the global Digital Laboratory Solutions organization to ensure consistency with global standards and may be called upon to participate in global projects.
Work will be executed individually or through project teams, leveraging the successful candidate’s technical and / or subject matter expertise to achieve results.
- Collaborate with local stakeholders and as needed, global lab automation peers to understand, document, deliver and support the laboratory data workflows needed at the site.
- Provide technical support for laboratory systems at the direction of senior Lab Solutions personnel
- Engage in active and frequent communication with laboratory leaders and staff, keeping them proactively informed of any changes or incidents that can impact their work.
- Perform system administration duties for critical lab hardware and information systems.
- Serve as a technical escalation point for onsite outsourced service providers supporting the lab benchtop environment
- Implement and support the computer, operating system, security, compliance, application, and data workflows for each type of laboratory system.
- Degree in Information Technology, Engineering or similar field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience supporting laboratory informatics environments.
- Understanding of lab data management practices.
- Experience in multiple operating environments (e.g. Windows Linux).
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and a track record of fostering positive customer relationships.
- Expertise in deploying and supporting multi-tiered application architecture
- Security best practices and emerging cloud (XaaS) services impacting laboratory systems
- Strong Windows and/or Linux administration experience
- Understanding of networking concepts and ability to effectively identify and resolve issues -- TCP/IP, DNS
- Experience with firewalls and network segmentation
- Basic project management experience
- Experience working with major scientific vendors such as Waters, Agilent, Thermo Fisher
- Experience with Waters Empower and/or Agilent OpenLab software
- Experience with building management and automation systems such as DeltaV, OSI PI, Metasys
- Experience working in GLP and/or BSL-3 environments
- Experience working with complex research data management systems (i.e. sequencing, lab images, cytometry)
- Ability to carry desktop computers and maneuver around lab equipment / furniture.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- May need to perform occasional work outside of normal business hours or workdays in order to accommodate customer priorities.
- May need to travel to collaborator or Pfizer sites within the Northeast on rare occasions
Last Date to Apply for Job: 8/12/2022
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Information & Business Tech